Notices

Rev 4 vs. Bravo 1

Old 08-31-2015, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Since I need at least a 28p 4 blade, is there an option similar to the Rev4 that I could try to see if there is better performance than my current bblades 30p Bravo 1? Looking for overall lift and more top speed.
Depending on what rpm you run with your labbed 30, if they are coming out with a 27P Rev4 it may be worth a try. I don't think I have my notes any longer, but when I had my Pantera I tested a 25 Rev4 and a BBlades Bravo 28. The Bravo was a little faster(about 1mph) than the Rev4. But the Rev4 handled better and had less slip. The rpms were obviously lower with the Bravo because of the pitch difference. The Rev4 also accelerated harder because of the pitch difference.

For some reason, my boat didn't like a stock Bravo. The lack of bow lift threw the boat around and had a very narrow sweet spot for trim position. The Rev4 had a fat sweet spot and the boat handled much better than a Bravo. The Bblades Bravo was much better but still not as good as the Rev4. The handling sold me on the Rev4 and that was my 4 blade of choice. I also used a Turbo Lightning for a 3 blade and that prop had great bite for a 3 blade.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am running a pair of 23" Rev4's and I am getting the exact same top end as 25" Mirage Plusses. The four blades plane better and handle better at the docks. Generally the Rev 4 runs just like a 3 blade of two more inches of pitch
Old 08-31-2015, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Since I need at least a 28p 4 blade, is there an option similar to the Rev4 that I could try to see if there is better performance than my current bblades 30p Bravo 1? Looking for overall lift and more top speed.
I'm thinking it might time to force feed that 525!