Notices

Cord? Motor pics?

Old 09-15-2002, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cord? Motor pics?

Hey Cord I was wondering if you have any finished pics of your motor to go along with the valve cover and intake you have posted in photos section. I think they look really sharp by the way. Is this the motor you are have $#@^% with exhaust. Sorry to bring up a sore subject. I was also curious how the paint is holding up. I am considering painting some pollished valve covers and intake on a motor. To hard to get to the aluminum to really keep it up like I should and they are already spotted so they have to be polished again or painted.

Thanks Andy
Old 09-16-2002, 08:35 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been quite a while since I've posted any pics. These were taken maybe 2 months ago when I had just dropped the engine in. I now have the oil cooler in and plumbed, the steering lines hooked up and some of the header lines. Proably due to take some more pics.

Last edited by Cord; 09-16-2002 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:42 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Attached Thumbnails Cord? Motor pics?-exhaust1-oso.jpg  
Old 09-16-2002, 08:44 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Duder how about some pics with the new stuff on and the engine hatch on. I think I may have a solution for ya but I have to see what we are up against now

Jon
Old 09-16-2002, 08:48 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

The exhaust isn't a sore subject, just a new source of on going frustration. The paint is holding up ok. This list of defects makes things sound worse than what it really is.
I've found that thread lock will eat the stuff-takes it off right down to the primer. I've also had problems with fasteners tearing the paint when they are tightened. I think that a thinner coat would help. For all the work of the polished aluminum, it's become a disapointment. It used to be reflective, but now has just turned a silver color. Several other members have confirmend this happening to them too so I don't blame it on the paint.
Attached Thumbnails Cord? Motor pics?-exhaust2-oso.jpg  
Old 09-16-2002, 08:56 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

If you want the pollished alluminum to last you can polish it and put it in the oven after you soak it in WD40. Makes one hell of a smell but works well Or you can clear it and that will work even better.

Jon
Old 09-16-2002, 08:58 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

John-I'll see if I can borrow the digital camera tonight. I do want to get some new pics up as we finished the graphics on one side last night. We both really, really, really like them. They really look cool!

The aluminum was powder coated clear. I didn't like the finish to the powder coat, so I wet sanded it and reshot it using a urethan enamel.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:06 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Can not waite to see what you did with the graphics!!!! I know you guys were putting a LOT of thought into it so I am sure it looks KILLER!!!

Jon
Old 09-16-2002, 09:52 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Yea, Ryan and I have been going back n forth for several months over the design. When we started putting them on though, it just wasn't working for me. I didn't like them. So I made a cut and rearranged the pieces that we already had. All I can say is WOW!
Old 09-16-2002, 09:55 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Here's the concept drawing.
Attached Thumbnails Cord? Motor pics?-cord9-color-oso.jpg  

Quick Reply: Cord? Motor pics?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.