Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Building a new Hustler Talon 25 - So Stoked! >

Building a new Hustler Talon 25 - So Stoked!

Notices

Building a new Hustler Talon 25 - So Stoked!

Old 07-05-2015, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Building a new Hustler Talon 25 - So Stoked!

Have researched and read nothing but good things about Hustler(quality, performance, etc). Been working with Joe and Paul at Hustler. Phenomenal guys, and know their sh*t...been a great experience so far(characters too). Locked down all the rigging and spec details last week(Merc Racing 565, ITS, etc)...laying out basic graphics,etc. Looking forward to making the trip to their facility soon during the build process.

Naturally, this isn't one of their large Monster or Razor offshore boats(although their attention here certainly feels like it), and I am focused on building a strong, fast quality lake boat... But I am super stoked. Man, the 565 is a sweet piece.

If any one has any suggestions, or has experience with the Talon's.... I am all ears.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:00 AM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats. I've also talked to Joe and Paul about building a new 25 except I was looking at a single 400R. They want to build one but I have not decided on my next purchase. Great guys to deal with. My only suggestion is adding some billet swim steps on either side of the drive and possibly having them fabricate a new rear deck hatch. The cockpit is not huge and a sun pad on a rear deck hatch would give some added layout room. Good luck with the new boat!
Old 07-05-2015, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Congrats, the talon 25's are great boats!
Old 07-05-2015, 08:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ing
Congrats. I've also talked to Joe and Paul about building a new 25 except I was looking at a single 400R. They want to build one but I have not decided on my next purchase. Great guys to deal with. My only suggestion is adding some billet swim steps on either side of the drive and possibly having them fabricate a new rear deck hatch. The cockpit is not huge and a sun pad on a rear deck hatch would give some added layout room. Good luck with the new boat!
GREAT suggestion about the hatch!! Thanks!!
Old 07-05-2015, 08:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lake rat Skater
Congrats, the talon 25's are great boats!
Thanks mate!
Old 07-05-2015, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 558 Likes on 338 Posts

Congrats!

Luv that cat.

Here's a thread on Dean's T25 ==> http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ily-grows.html

Hope he chimes in soon

Please post build pics!

Old 07-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by noli

Congrats!

Luv that cat.

Here's a thread on Dean's T25 ==> http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ily-grows.html

Hope he chimes in soon

Please post build pics!

Funny... My name Dean too.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

subscribed!
Old 07-07-2015, 09:24 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by noli

Congrats!

Luv that cat.

Hope he chimes in soon

Please post build pics!

R,
Congrats on your new Talon 255, ours is a GREAT boat, built like a tank! Here are some pics showing the swim steps, boarding ladder and grab handle. Q's, please let me know
Dean
Attached Thumbnails Building a new Hustler Talon 25 - So Stoked!-32-max-prop-7-13-14.jpg   Building a new Hustler Talon 25 - So Stoked!-lower-boarding-grab-handle-location.jpg   Building a new Hustler Talon 25 - So Stoked!-2004-talon-25-swim-platform-aqua-perf.-ladder-installed-7-18-14.jpg  

Building a new Hustler Talon 25 - So Stoked!-talon-bulkhead.jpg   Building a new Hustler Talon 25 - So Stoked!-talon-victory-marine-680.jpg   Building a new Hustler Talon 25 - So Stoked!-talon-interior-6-22-14.jpg  

Building a new Hustler Talon 25 - So Stoked!-talon.jpg  
Old 07-07-2015, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Gary Armington's design is timeless! They guy new how to build fast boats and make them look great. I always love the way the Talon T25 looked and ran! Unfortunately, each time I had the chance to buy one I wanted the $$$ wasn't available. Good luck with your build. The guys at Hustler are a class act and will build you a great boat! Looking forward to your progress!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.