Notices

Reggies swollen head

Old 09-13-2002, 07:41 AM
sonicse

just my $.02. I really think that Reggie is a pompas self reichous ass but some credit has to be given where credit is due. Fountains have held many records so have many other manufactureers. But the fact will always remain that their boats never really run in the proper classes with size. Take a 35' fountain subtract 2 feet for the beek and 2 feet for the platform and you get 31'. Now how can you expect another manufacture like cig or formula with their 35' boats to run with them. Now compare the rest of the boat if speed is the only thing you are worried about then that is great but I think that most of us want some comforts. Like a cabin that you can not only sleep in but use. A boat with some free board to feel like your riding in the boat not on the water. Throttles on the industry norm side. Racing is one thing but boating is another. again just my 2 cents.

Old 09-13-2002, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After reading the title of this thread , I was afraid to open it up....
Old 09-13-2002, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

i had a steering wheel like fountains on my go kart back in 1980
Old 09-13-2002, 08:12 AM
sonicse

The other part of my post that I forgot to add was i see the comparison between fountains against cig, Apache, Velocity, etc. What about a 38 fountain against a 388 Hustler or a 35 fountain against a 344 Huslter. I think we would all know the out come of those races and no offense I think you fountain boys will be a little upset. Again just my 2 cents

Old 09-13-2002, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally posted by sonicse
just my $.02. I really think that Reggie is a pompas self reichous ass but some credit has to be given where credit is due. Fountains have held many records so have many other manufactureers. But the fact will always remain that their boats never really run in the proper classes with size. Take a 35' fountain subtract 2 feet for the beek and 2 feet for the platform and you get 31'. Now how can you expect another manufacture like cig or formula with their 35' boats to run with them. Now compare the rest of the boat if speed is the only thing you are worried about then that is great but I think that most of us want some comforts. Like a cabin that you can not only sleep in but use. A boat with some free board to feel like your riding in the boat not on the water. Throttles on the industry norm side. Racing is one thing but boating is another. again just my 2 cents.
sonicse in all fairness the beak is about one foot. i do not understand how you guys think reggie is a marketing genius, please explain, from my point of view all he has done is advertised a ton, that hardly seems genius to me. his boats revolutionary?, i think thats more his hype than anything. next question, how do you have a company in fin. trouble when they get huge money for a boat. i believe i read in powerboat a 29 with a single 575 listed at 165K?
Old 09-13-2002, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question: Why does everybody bash Fountains?

Answer: They are jealous!

Everybody that has another similar sized boat with similar power that gets spanked by a Fountain is just pissed. Forget the beak swim platform thing. Every boat with an intergrated swim platform has it figured in the length. So the beak and the platform are just a matter of taste. If you like it buy one if not buy something else.

The fact of the matter is that for a pleasure boat the Fountain is relitivly light and thus faster. Fountain also uses every trick in the book on the bottom (steps, pad, notched transom). Fountains bottoms are also surprisingly straight from the factory. Even the Fountain detractors on this thread have said that Fountain builds a strong boat.

So a strong light boat with a fast bottom is what you get with Fountain. Kind of sounds like a formula for a winning race boat doesnt it? NO WONDER THEY ARE SO FAST!

Ron

Last edited by rjcardinal; 09-13-2002 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-13-2002, 08:29 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I never like to see companies in trouble. Even my competition!!!! When some one is hurting it means that the industry in a whole is hurting. IMO I think that Foutain over spent and did not realize the national slow down that we were going to have over the next few years. I really hope that they can keep it together untell things change. It would be sad to see them loose out and go under. Is Reggie the cause of this??? I do not know I do not sit in the board, and niether do any of us I am guessing. WOWEVER he has taken some serious pay cuts it would seem to try and keep the company afloat. I think he looks rediculous the way he dresses but the guy is real proud of his company and his product. How can you fault a guy for that. Am I the best at what I do? HELL YA I AM. Does TooOld make the best burger? Hell ya he thinks he does. We as self employeed guys think a little different from the norm. You have to be proud of your product if you want to survive. I would not fault Reggie for being proud of his boats.

Jon
Old 09-13-2002, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SSSSNNNIIIIIIIFFFFFFF! aaahhh, I love the smell of fresh piss

So who is winning the contest?
Old 09-13-2002, 09:52 AM
Rick Anderson

Speaking of Awesome I really miss the Anderson's F2-77!
Fever Mike -

Thanks for the support! We miss being out there but kids, work etc.. just have to take priority. My brother and I hope to get back into it in a year or two but Dad is definately had enough of the throttle seat!

Hollis -

Whats up buddy! I think I still owe you a beer from the night night in Marathon! Hope you're doing well

As far as this discussion -

I tend to base my opinions on my racing experiences and I have found that are wide variety of truly great boats. Formula, Fountain, Cig, Velocity, Phantom have all set atop the the F2 podium at some point and the new Donzi is just plain killer.

The one thing I have always seen with the Fountains is the quality of the crew and race team. Lute & Matt, Mitch & Bennie, Todd & Martin all are great racers and had great crews which we always tried to learn from.

We love Formula and have had a alot of success in the 353. They build a solid, fast boat and the support from Scott Porter and the factory is unmatched.

That said, maybe the best compliment I can pay is that we sometimes wondered how we would have done if we were in a Fountain.

Last edited by Rick Anderson; 09-13-2002 at 12:38 PM.

Old 09-13-2002, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike C,
Give Brian a call and we can all get together for dinner. Brian, how about Third Coast?
Robert

Quick Reply: Reggies swollen head

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.