Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Reggies swollen head (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32818-reggies-swollen-head.html)

SABER28 09-15-2002 01:26 PM

being a small company , i don't think they can afford to put the effort into racing like fountain does. they did however race a 28 in the past called "WAVE HIPPIE". i have a picture of it at least 5 foot out of the water, level as can be! racing nowdays is not something that boats like a SABER can be competitive in. is there even a class for a 28 foot boat with twins? what does a 28 foot boat run top end with hp500's?

SABER28 09-15-2002 01:33 PM

no, it's just a styling preference my friend:p , i just like to be able to look down there and see my drives,imco full hyd. steering, drive showers, K-planes and my double tie bars:D gives me a stiffy just looking at it.:D those motors sure look good in your boat!

Back4More 09-15-2002 01:36 PM

Thanks!

Saber28...ok, i just nailed a 8' 2X4 on my bow, now do i have a 36 foot boat?

Often imitated, never duplicated!

:cool:

Just so all knows, Im just having fun with this.:p

audacity 09-15-2002 01:37 PM

here it is in a nut shell....companies that put a huge effort into racing and do well net big results! past and present has shown this...do want to sell your 500 hp w/o an interior for 350K?? most would say yes!...take this year alone both activator (last too) and donzi ring a bell...history tells us this works....cig's, fountain, skater....hummmm...racing results do seem to parallel how much people will pay for a boat???...doesn't take a marketing genius to figure out that one does it????

SABER28 09-15-2002 01:56 PM

i certainly could not afford or see paying $350k for a 38 foot boat , i guess thats out of my league.:( i see your point about racing sells

audacity 09-15-2002 01:57 PM

forgot to add the plus after 350K:(

Steve 1 09-15-2002 02:15 PM

Back four this makes me Laugh!

First off these for these overloaded Butt Draggers Lucky!!! Very Lucky If I were the Coast Guard the first order of Business would be to condemn THEM for any and all Offshore Use.

That is until they got enough Static displacement to reveal at least 1 /3 of the TRANSOM at rest! By Lightening Or lengthening the boat 4 feet or so to acquire the needed numbers.

I saw A Boat by one of these “Expert Builders” had 4 Yanmars and the water was at the rub rail in the Back What a Joke! They are wide open for a lawsuit there and Very Guilty !!

The beak adds noticeable lift? What? Where? At 300 MPH? LOL maybe a little. Sounds like an old Reggie tale!

:p :p :p :p

SABER28 09-15-2002 02:33 PM

steve1
what brand of boat are you refering to as a overloaded buttdragger?i'm confused:confused: this thread has gotten way to touchy/feelly:p somebody say something nasty:)

Steve 1 09-15-2002 02:44 PM

Saber look around any boat where the Waterline is the Rub rail .Or the engine hatch is AKA Wave Ramp!

Also you went to a Custom Builder with a good reputation to build your Boat! Smart Move!:)

SABER28 09-15-2002 03:23 PM

i have never second guessed my SABER, steve1, built like a rock.i wish SABER would get more agressive about advertising though, they get such positive feedback, they need to capitalize on it!doug and jim , i think, believe that knowledgable buyers will seek them out, but advertising cannot hurt.