Notices

Reggies swollen head

Old 09-11-2002, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, you mean the restyled Excaliber?

Since when Is an Offshore boat an investment?
Its money thrown at a hole in the water for pleasure.

Last edited by Back4More; 09-11-2002 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-11-2002, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 257 Likes on 103 Posts

lets get you , SABER41 wickedwon, a cig. tiger, a few apaches, a outerlimits, maybe a few more and run them in some really snotty stuff, there is some racing i would like to watch, not this enclosed canopy/ catamaran stuff that is passed off as offshore racing today. i believe apba racing is never going to be popular as nascar because nascar is identifiable to the everyday joe cause of chevy vs ford vs chrysler. skaters are like indy cars, technically superior and faster, but not many people are going to drive one like they drive a baja etc.
Old 09-11-2002, 11:22 PM
Registered

Tell me about it...Allpuss is turning Offshore racing into 4mile long circle tracks on water.
Thats sooooooo boaring.
Old 09-12-2002, 12:32 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 1
Now you see Pete is a for real Boat builder (key word here) who can go out in the factory and build a winning Boat!
You are so right Steve!!! I didn't know until meeting him @ SKATERFEST that he sprayed all his own boats. He must have some awesome safety equipment out there because talking with him he sounded like his mind was all there... I must say, he is not the typical glass guy with a few burnt cells.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-12-2002, 01:55 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Thats great to hear of a company's owner getting his hands dirty working with his staff.
Thats real commitment.
Old 09-12-2002, 03:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sharkey
Have to respect someone like that !
Old 09-12-2002, 06:27 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally posted by sharkeymarine

. . . . the typical glass guy with a few burnt cells.....
. . now thats just not tr . . . .uhhhhh . . .what were we talk'n about again. mind went blank . . .
Old 09-12-2002, 06:56 AM
Offshore Addiction

dont most glass guys get there minds back as soon as that tremendous glass oder reocurrs.....hope he never needs any glass work......addu......hh what were we talking about.....good call glass dave

Old 09-12-2002, 07:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn,

Allot of you seem to always come down on Fountain. I have meet various owners and builders of many Offshore boats and they all say they are the fastest!!!!!!!!! Best built boat out there. Fact is we all know some are faster than others in different conditions. And yes Fountain is one hell of a boat, but so is Cigarette, Velocity, Donzi, Skater, Spectre, Active Thunder and so on.

As for the length, hell, one of the reason fountains are very fast is because less of the hull touches the water at WOT, is that not the goal of many builders? Also doesn't Formula, Donzi, Howard, some Bajas, Velocity,Scarab....... include their swim platform in the overall length. Damn you guys never seem to bust on them???

Fact is Fountain is a kick ass fast boat or else everyone would not compare theirs to it.

Class dismissed

WILL
Old 09-12-2002, 07:53 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My buddy had a 10 meter ICBM with twin 420's in it. We were out in some rough stuff in a 30ft Veloce (old drug runner) with 3 225 carb motors. That is 840hp brand new motors with two drives on the Fountain to 675hp on three drives dragging in the water in a heavier boat. Well needless to say we did not walk away from the Fountain we ran away from it. Then we blew a lower unit. The guy thought we were screwed. Well we still kept up with him with just two engines

Fountains are well built boats and I like the style of them. HOWEVRE any boat with a pad is limited to its ability to run the real big stuff. There are very few boats in my opinion that are at all original. Regie certainly did not design his hulls. He did not design the pad. Look at all the baots that are running Steps now (for what ever you think of them). All that matters is that you like the boat you own. I always thought that Fountains are one of the coolest looking boats out there but never put them in the Fastest catagory.

Jon

Quick Reply: Reggies swollen head

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.