Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Reggies swollen head (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32818-reggies-swollen-head.html)

rjcardinal 07-16-2007 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by rjcardinal (Post 368917)
Question: Why does everybody bash Fountains?

Answer: They are jealous!

:D

Everybody that has another similar sized boat with similar power that gets spanked by a Fountain is just pissed. Forget the beak swim platform thing. Every boat with an intergrated swim platform has it figured in the length. So the beak and the platform are just a matter of taste. If you like it buy one if not buy something else.

The fact of the matter is that for a pleasure boat the Fountain is relitivly light and thus faster. Fountain also uses every trick in the book on the bottom (steps, pad, notched transom). Fountains bottoms are also surprisingly straight from the factory. Even the Fountain detractors on this thread have said that Fountain builds a strong boat.

So a strong light boat with a fast bottom is what you get with Fountain. Kind of sounds like a formula for a winning race boat doesnt it? NO WONDER THEY ARE SO FAST!

Ron :cool:

I still stick to what I said in 2002 on page 5

Ron

VetteLT193 07-16-2007 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by rjcardinal (Post 2199103)
I still stick to what I said in 2002 on page 5

Ron

I'm pretty confident that Fountain started the trend of adding a swim platform into the total footage of the boat... he's the only one to add a beak to it.

Everyone else followed because of sales. (Back in the day) how can Formula sell a 30' boat, that costs more and is slower than a 30' fountain? They can't, because fountain's 30 is really 27 at best.

jmeng 07-16-2007 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by VetteLT193 (Post 2199208)
I'm pretty confident that Fountain started the trend of adding a swim platform into the total footage of the boat... he's the only one to add a beak to it.

Everyone else followed because of sales. (Back in the day) how can Formula sell a 30' boat, that costs more and is slower than a 30' fountain? They can't, because fountain's 30 is really 27 at best.

Nope. Back in '91 or '92 the coast guard mandated that if they platform was molded in they had to include it. Formula, Fountain, Baja, and others all changed their naming during the same year. Prior to that Fountain did NOT include the swim platform in the measurment.

Chris Sunkin 07-16-2007 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Hot Duck (Post 2198696)
After all, Reggie did steal the "Kat Killer" phrase from Apache.

I'm guessing that Ben has other things on his mind these days- he probably doesn't mind the plagarism.

DollaBill 07-16-2007 02:54 PM

Not for nothing....and I should keep my mouth shut (but I won't like usual :)), but my 42 Fountain was a dream compared to the Gladiator. Much more stable, just as smooth, same speeds plus a big cockpit and cabin. I like the cig, but miss the Fountain.

OK, let 'er rip!

FeverMike 07-16-2007 09:43 PM

Both of the Fountain boats I've owned have been great boat and boats that I am proud to have had. Reggie is old school sales technique and it still works for him...all you old school guys here on OSO should love him...who else at 70+years old still gets out there and sets records in their own boats?

monstaaa 07-16-2007 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 2198711)
Dang, this thread is so old the last time I posted in it I had a left leg!:D

classic

pullmytrigger 07-17-2007 09:17 AM

C'mon Monstaa......I know you got more to say about this....!!

littlenige 07-17-2007 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not a huge fan of the look/styling of the fountain hulls in general - but Reggie's kickin' butt in Europe with the King of Shaves/Ilmor V10 combination!

FeverMike 07-17-2007 10:46 AM

Where ever Fountain is racing they are winning....they have dominated every sanctioning USA racing and performance fishing organization and now are taking over Europe.:D