Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Reggies swollen head (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32818-reggies-swollen-head.html)

Back4More 09-12-2002 12:54 PM

Dock holiday, Because its one of the few models left that can be orded without steps.

Back4More 09-12-2002 01:02 PM

<----- Ya happy now!? good!:rolleyes:

Uncle Toys 09-12-2002 01:59 PM

Too Old, after 3000+ posts, your entitled to an oops!

I can only imagine T2x right about now – must...be....nice, .....resist.......temptation. :D :D

ssherman 09-12-2002 02:07 PM

I am currently looking at a fountain and as a kid i would detail only Fountains (more $ per ft for the work :p ) I can say they will take a beating I mean you are going to break cabin interiors on any boat but the nuts and bolts are all there. I can also attest to Reggie himself with sander, ruler and other tools in hand tweaking the bottom on the new 48 cruiser and i would say he hit the nail on the head. David Woods told me he ran one over 100 miles with 20 people on board @ 62mph with 2mpg now that is the end all right there......... I mean the bottom line is not the boat example Jon tomlinson MTI cat national Champion, Skater cat 2 weeks later World Champion and the previous season had a 37 Talon (out of bounds) kicking eveybodies butt.

timucin 09-12-2002 02:14 PM

skater:cool
fountain:cool

Ps: Mr Reggie dresses like Turkish-Singers with that lovely chains....lol

:) :) :)

RUNNIN A FEVER 09-12-2002 02:36 PM

MROFFSHORE - thumbs up. Great summary and perspective.

Will - Way to go! Stand up for us 27s.

My .02 - in the speed game all that really matters is what can more your but faster than the other guy from point a to point b - over, under, or through whatever is in the way.

Everything else is just fuel for the pissing contest.

Why are the Fountain owners always taking so much heat? Reggie. I don't know the name of any of the top five boat building company owners. Could that be that they are corporations? Maybe putting a face and name with a mfr is whinning us "newbies" over.

Name recognition.

Uncle Toys 09-12-2002 02:51 PM

Originally posted by timucin
skater:cool
fountain:cool

Ps: Mr Reggie dresses like Turkish-Singers with that lovely chains....lol

:) :) :)

LMAO:D

Pocket Change 09-12-2002 03:06 PM

When I started boating I knew one day I would own a Fountain. Initially it was for the simple reason that they looked cool, looked like they were flying even when they were putting through the channel. After riding in a 27, 29, and a 10 meter in Lake Michigan I really knew I wanted one. My 42 is 12 years old with trip 454mags and it will run WOT all day in flat or 5 footers, and the hull still looks brand new. My bud, Midnight Rider has a 91 42 with trip 600's that looks brand new too. We beat on these every weekend. I looked at a lot of boats before buying mine, and none of the 11-12 year old boats in the 100K range looked like they had held up as well as the Fountains I looked at. Reggie builds a fine product.

F2-34thrttleman, well said

my .02

Rick

SABER28 09-12-2002 03:19 PM

i'm not just picking on fountains, any boat with moulded platforms and /or beaks is shorter for it's stated length than a flat transom boat. as far as cost do not kid yourself, if coast guard changed way boats are measured dont you think over time prices creep up? in 1989 i bought a 226 baja, in 1991 the same boat is now a 240 with a $4500 price increase! this thread was started with reggies statement about cigs. and formulas, thats my only beef with fountains, not poor quality or anything else. if you listen to his propaganda you would think his boats are superior in all ways to any other boat, this is just not the case.it's his attitude that turns many of us off. BTW , i have raced many fountains , lost a few , won a few, and ran dead even with similar powered fountains with steps! again top speed is only one method of calculating boat performance.

Tonto 09-12-2002 03:47 PM

I hate to tell ya'll, but I got the best boat ever built, bar none. It will go faster that any other twin engine, piston, V-bottom period! :D :p
Robert