Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Reggies swollen head (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32818-reggies-swollen-head.html)

bobby daniels 09-12-2002 05:14 PM

SOME OF THESE GUYS MUST HAVE A HIDDEN AGENDA REGGIE !!!

MOST OF US KNOW THE TRUTH , EVEN IF WE OWN OTHER BOATS
I HAVE 3 HOLES IN THE WATER ,,ALL DIFFERENT MAN.
:D :D :D

Back4More 09-12-2002 05:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New, Optional wheel on the signature models.
I was going to buy this sucker as a Joke for the SOTW run.:cool:

Back4More 09-12-2002 05:20 PM

H.C.
What did Lake Havasu get rough that day?

:rolleyes:

cigarette1 09-12-2002 05:22 PM

Havasu does NOT get rough ;)

Havasu Cig 09-12-2002 06:03 PM

Originally posted by Back4More
H.C.
What did Lake Havasu get rough that day?

:rolleyes:

Actually it was the Pacific ocean, Maybe you don't know what that is like being a non-coaster. If it was at Havasu the fountains would have had a chance.:D

Hauling Trash 09-12-2002 07:47 PM

BUT...... He still sell over 500 boats a year.

His doing something right.

mike

Gordo 09-12-2002 07:49 PM

Originally posted by Back4More
Tell me about it...Allpuss is turning Offshore racing into 4mile long circle tracks on water.
Thats sooooooo boaring.

First, May I ask which sanctioning body, and what team(s) you race, or have raced with?
Not that it makes any difference, Just curious. ;)

Please allow me to make some observations...
First, Havasu Cig makes an honest point. If you could take a whole fleet of, let's say, 38' boats with identical motors/drives as they come in pleasure version, with equal talent driving, line em up on Lake Erie during one of those "Nor'Easterns, (or whateverthehell those are), and see who wins. Then do the same on Havasu with the same boats and we'll probably see a different winner. BUT, don't be surprised if neither race produces a Fountain as champion.
Make no mistake here. I like Fountains. They look cool, they're well built and they're fast. I don't care for Reggie a danged bit, but I have a high respect for his marketing genius.
As for the claim "fastest boats in the world," well....
A few years ago, APBA set a maximum X dimension on Factory class boats. Note; This new maximum height was actually higher than Mercury suggested, and, I believe, higher than Mercury would warranty on a recreational boat. But, it made the race boats safer, and brought them back to a more "Factory" setup. Funny thing was, Reggie and the Fountain gang was screaming foul when this new rule came about, claiming that ALL of their boats came with close to the same X deminsions as those in the kilo runs. BUT, when a number of APBA inspectors, and indeed, a few of our fellow board members, went to private owners and Fountain dealerships with old fashioned measuring devices, it was found that not one exceeded Mercurys suggested maximum height, and none came even close to the new APBA max height.
As for the length issue, Let's face it. Not many boats these days have the usable hull length that is advertised. A 26' Velocity used to be called the 260. Now it's the same boat with a swim platform and called a 280. Same for lots of other boats out there, but not all of them. Anyone shopping for a new ride needs to be aware of this fact, and whether it matters to them or not. Such as, We could argue that the 38 Cigarette has more usable length than the 38 Fountain. While this is actually a true fact, it won't matter till both find themselves side by side in 8 foot slop. Untill then, both owners are going to be proud of their boat, regardless of what name is on the side. And that's what matters the most.

THEJOKER 09-12-2002 09:10 PM

Mines bigger, better , my daddy will beat up your daddy and my 38 Cigarette w/ ITS is now a 39 ft boat ! haha----brian

THEJOKER 09-12-2002 09:19 PM

Mike:

Give me a call @ the dealership 770-945-2628. I would of loved to see Tres and Todd run the Virgin F2-1 - 36 Cig Gladiator for one more season. We'll be running F2 next year in the 36 or possibly a new 38 . Never call Lute - Luke , I did one time and it was ugly - haha - call me ----brian

THEJOKER 09-12-2002 09:27 PM

Mike:

Love this posting stuff - Formula F2-62 CRE Motors - My throttle girl Louise Whitmore got 3rd in the 2nd race in The Worlds 2001 - APBA -(she had never stepped foot in the boat until KW) One fast 38 Formula. The boat has been parked since then(For Sale) - We were going to run it this year till I flew to Miami and took a ride in a new 38 Cig w/ 575's in about 5 footers - holy cow! I'll shut up now - brian