Notices

power boat no sbi

Old 09-11-2002, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry power boat no sbi

im wornding why powerboat has no sbi coveage jest apba has any one got the answer
Old 09-12-2002, 08:09 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it might be the # of boats that show up to a race. And with all the politics that comes with SBI. APBA has been around for ever, so they are looked at as the major league. When ever the "show" comes to town it seems like you get more for your money with APBA. (from a fans point of view) But I sure miss the MUSCLE team They are a show in a show The only shame is that APBA don't come to the towns that they say they are Hopefully they have those problems behind them now, time will tell. Funny how fast Reggie is ready to jump ship from SBI back to the major leagues if Mike A was gone? Thats what he said in his interview with powerboat mag. I guess he thinks the only way he can afford to have his boats in powerboat mag anymore is the free APBA race photos. I would rather see SBI coverage than The Formula One stuff they waste (IMHO) 5 pages on. I talked with Brett Becker about this at the Ft. Lauderdale boat show last year and he seems to think there is a big following in the F1 series. But what do I know I think outboreds belong on bass boats. And this coming from a Harley fan. Sometimes I think it is more important to get there in STYLE than get there first. And I will be the first one to say how fast outboreds and jap bikes are, but if I had to explain you wouldn't understand!

Pete
Old 09-12-2002, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

F-1 racing is very exciting. No other earth bound motor vehicle can run 135 mph and turn with 4-5 g's of force. And the dancing on the water is pure art. Please don't compare Japanese bikes to O/B's. Those Mercs are as American as Harley Davidson. In fact both are manufactured in the great state of Wisconsin. I will agree Harleys are a style ride. But a screaming two stroke is music to my ears. As far as Powerboat and SBI coverage. I am also disapointed with the lack of articles.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:02 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Brad Zastrow
Please don't compare Japanese bikes to O/B's. Those Mercs are as American as Harley Davidson. In fact both are manufactured in the great state of Wisconsin. I will agree Harleys are a style ride. But a screaming two stroke is music to my ears.
Funny you should mention that. Cause I think if you look at the new Harleys alot of the parts are made in other countries. They are PUT together in the USA.

Now a Big Block Chevy is music to my ears. I guess that's why they have so many different kinds of music on the radio.

F1 looks like it would be a blast to drive. I went to one and was impressed with the speed but the whole thing just didn't do much for me. I would rather go to the Drag Boat Races, but I think that has to do with the Big Block thing

I campared a jap bike and an outbored because of the power to weight ratio. I think we could all agree they both win to a stock Harley or big block. Now add the fact that you get a big cockpit when you hang the motors off the back. Outboards seems like the way to go.

Call me old fashion but I'll just ride my old Harley and little cockpit big block boat And you can have a drink waiting for me when I show up a little after you get there.

Is it just me or do other people just look at some pictures and fly through those F1 pages to get to the classified. I wouldn't mind trading those pages for SBI coverage, but what do I know?
Old 09-12-2002, 10:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to start a new thread on this - good stuff - BH
Old 09-12-2002, 11:19 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

John C. doesn't reach out to the boating magazines. He feels if you want to know about SBI, you should go to the SBI web site and read what is on the site.

Of course you could read "The Racers Edge" and you would get all the SBI coverage you could every want and nothing about APBA.

It's just a matter of what you subscribe to read.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:25 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Lightbulb

Racer's Edge ? RIP
You mean Vapor Trails ? right?
Old 09-12-2002, 11:41 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

WOW how did I screw that up. What an insult to Captain Bill.

Yes I meant Vapor Trails.

Sorry Bill where ever you are.