Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thunder EnLightening has Arrived (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32834-thunder-enlightening-has-arrived.html)

MassiveThunder 09-12-2002 05:36 PM

Great looking boat!!!!

candyman35 09-12-2002 07:58 PM

Congratulations! :D She turned out beautiful. I really like the final choice of graphics. Your choices are what my wife and I would have chosen. Can't beat a red boat, right Jassman! :p :D Are you guys still thinking about doing the COPS run this weekend if the weather gods behave?

The following weekend I'm going to try to get a group of boats to make the Michigan City run. I'll post something the beginning of the week.

Dan

Ted G 09-12-2002 08:13 PM

Man, sure looks a lot different than when I saw it at the factory:D

Congrats on the new boat, I'm sure it was worth the wait:)

Too bad my Active can't do the run, would love to see you guys run ;)

KAAMA 09-12-2002 10:20 PM

h2o,

Your boat looks great! It looks like a very clean boat sitting on that trailer and I really like the cabin interior. Sounds like you've been chomping at the bit to get that thing back and splash it. Congrats and enjoy!

Mark/KAAMA

MitchStellin 09-12-2002 10:32 PM

That is one nice boat. Keep it looking just like this for life. That design and those lines will never go out of style. I would love to have a boat like that. Where do you live?:D

cuda 09-12-2002 10:37 PM

The boat is absolutely stunning! I swear, I thought I was going to have to wipe the drool from my mouth, no kidding! Congratulations, and let us know if you ever run it here in Florida, I'd like to see that machine up close.

Playn 09-12-2002 10:38 PM

Great looking boat! Congratulations!:D

h2owarrior 09-13-2002 09:22 PM

Thanks for all the comments. We think the boats looks even better in person. (we're not biased or anything)

AZDominator, no problem, the speeds are hard to believe so I understand the comments.

Advantage, We have less than 5 hours on it so have not spent a lot of time looking at the speedo. Moving up from a 290 PQ makes this beast a bit on the intimidating side. I'll post some speeds as I gain some experience with the boat.

Frequency, If the weather holds out, we will be on the river this weekend. We usually hang out around the I74 bridge in front of the old power station.

Candyman, Will not be able to make it to the outing this weekend. Cannot get grandparents to watch the 18 month old. Their already booked. Keep us posted. We will make it......eventually.

29Scarab, We'll take some pictures of the engine compartment and head this weekend and post them.

candyman35 09-13-2002 10:38 PM

Let me know if you guys are coming up to Lake Michigan. I'm sure we could get some boats together for an outing. If the weather is nice next weekend we may run over to Michigan City for lunch. It would be a great way to get some break in hours on her before Thunder Run.
Have a great weekend! : D
Dan

KAAMA 09-14-2002 09:15 AM

To: Candyman

Ref: Boat Outing

Date: 9/21/02

End of Msg....