Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   We're taking a beating...What a bunch of As*holes! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32850-were-taking-beating-what-bunch-%2Aholes.html)

Bayley 09-12-2002 04:11 PM

OG,
I saw that post and really wondered if it was a troll or not. I'm half tempted to reply:

"You should be seeing at least 85 mph. Try making a few speed runs infront of you local marina (channel entrances are the best) for the calmest waters. Also, any type of sound reducing device will slow you down. Remove them at once!"

That should get a rise out of few of them.

-Bayley (not Bailey)

dockrocker 09-12-2002 04:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe I should send ol' Jim this pic, kind of sums up the way I feel about his opinions... ;)

Bayley 09-12-2002 04:26 PM

nice.

:D

hp500efi 09-12-2002 05:01 PM

In a nice way, I gave them my 2 cents LOL :p

Playn 09-12-2002 05:04 PM

hp500efi,

That was great

:D

hp500efi 09-12-2002 05:14 PM

Can you believe the ass's deleted my post :eek: :eek:

bajadude 09-12-2002 05:15 PM

Hey,

Even puder's posting over there now. Spelling better too.

Here it is:

For those of you that compalin that small sport boats are a danger to other boats think about this: An old freind of mine's father is an avid boater. He has a fairly sizable motoryacht (70+). A few years ago he though it would be fun to drive his own boat while looking at the property where his new house was being biult (on the LI sound). Long story short he ran aground and did some major damge to his hull. Aditionally how many time have you seen the new boat owner who just plunked down a cool mil on his lil motoryacht and damn near ripped a pilling out when they try and dock it?

Yes i own a small go fast boat with big loud exhuasts! But other than the sound I am a very corteous boater. I ALWAYS wave at other boater (even sailboaters who just about never waive back) just to be friendly. I obey all posted speed limits never kick up a wake in mooring areas and only run at speed when it is safe to do so. Hell i've even called harbor patrol on people (usually PWCs) who are driving way too fast in overly crowded areas or 5mph zones. My biggest problem with boating is generally the pompus over zealous boaters (reguardless of what kind of boat they own) that are firmly convinced they are the kings of the sea. LIke they kind you ask advice for around the marina and they blow you off and scoff and give you the attitude "you don't know that!"

Oh well i guess its just me. I feel everyone should be entitled to have what ever boat they want. Just obey the rules and try your best to be nice to other boaters. We are all just out ther eto have fun. And yes our exhuats are loud but but guess what wer're usually gone within a few minutes of the first time you hear us anyway.

Relax and find soemthing important else to ***** about, like people in cruisers dumping sewage overboard close to shore.

Edited by - puder on 09/12/2002 11:23:28

Popcorn please :D :D :D

hp500efi 09-12-2002 05:17 PM

Here is what I responded to and posted.....evidently someone got offended

someone said:

Ed, my theory is that the loudness of the engines and amount of graphics on the sides is some boaters way of compensating for being shortchanged by our Creator when they were born.

The louder the engines and the more graphics directly correlates to a declining length of the owners (fill in the blank)

hp500efi responded:

Jim, what kind of mentality does it take to type such a stupid response? I would be embarrassed to put my name to such a statement. And here I thought ALL boaters respected one another regardless of their choice of boat but from your comments on this thread, you sure made me a believer that there are indeed other humans on this planet that could give two craps about others. WOW what a way to go through life. I bet you have lots of friends with an attitude like that.

It is fine to disagree with others on any subject but comments like yours are the ones I would expect from a 18 year old smartass. Does it bother you that much, that someone else on the water has flashy graphics, bigger and more powerful motors, bikini clad ladies and faster performance than what you have? Wake up and hear the roar Jim, life is way to short to have an attitude such as yours.

Just do all of us LOUD gofast boaters a favor, put a sign on your boat indicating how pissed you are at us guys so that when you are out on the water seeking assistance, we can avoid such a person such as yourself.

Have a good day.

Jeff from Wisconsin

bajadude 09-12-2002 05:20 PM

Jeff, all I can say is excellent!

Daze, see what you started (although I'm having fun fanning the flames):)

birdog 09-12-2002 05:37 PM

Am i the last to know what this other board is ?

Can someone help ?

I might want to ad my $o2........:D