If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Platinum Member Platinum Member rainmn's Avatar
    Manahawkin, NJ

My Boats:
    Mecca, Ohio

I think you should go and post on the other board and give your acounts of the day. It may give others that frequent that board a better understanding of what went on.
    I was not at that poker run but I do know that area and have even stayed at the Harbor Marina.
    It sounds to me like he was over taken by someone in the area between the bridge and the no wake bouys where you can run at speed. This channel is narrow but I see boaters pass by each other at speed all the time in all size boats. I wonder if he thinks he is in a no wake zone?
    I'm sure that if that area was a problem they would make the entire area no wake.
    It's possible that the boat that past him wasn't even on the poker run. They may have been on there way to TGI Fridays or may have had a slip at the marina.
    Jims not going to change his mind about us but others need to here the other side of the story.

My Boats:
    Pontoon 2002 Crestliner
    They have deleted some posts on the thread mine is 1 and I saw
    a few others go away

Member #9 Charter Member hp500efi's Avatar
    Pewaukee, WI
    Well guys, looks like they said enough was enough and decided to lock the thread. Bastards....

In closing, I told them the following:

Les, one thing about being a moderator on a public forum is to be fair and consistant. I know because I am a moderator on several other forums.

After reading some of the posts by some of your "vintage" guys and those by some of the "new guys, I can honestly say your moderating methods are not quite fair and consistant.

The "Poker Run" thread was just starting to get interesting because us go fasters were backed into a corner by yourself as well as others and when you back someone into a corner, they have only one way out, and that is to come out fighting. Not really fair to throw stones and not accept stones thrown back. Your deleting the posts and locking the thread is a sign that you were losing the fight you created.

Thanks for your time.
    Member of the Liquid Jungle

Charter Member #94 Charter Member Gordo's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1999 Active Thunder 25' Factory 1 Race Edition
    New Port Richey, FL

I agree, I would like to see you post your response on the other board.
    May I suggest that you tone down the sarcasm, due to the fact that some of the more "narrow minded" boaters over there may actually take some of your tongue-in-cheek comments seriously, and possibly use them out of context somewhere else at a later date.
    Besides, it's always hard for someone to argue planning and courtesy on your part, (such as boats rafting off each other).

Guys, I've been a member over there for a long time, though I stopped frequenting it regularly a while back. Quite honestly, life is too short to worry about clowns like "Jim".

I think the high road is called for - opinions on both sides were posted, the moderator (and owner of the forum, btw) decided to enough was enough, and the thread was closed.

No need to go trolling, I think the water's much nicer over here at OSO anyhow - and who want's fish guts on their sunpad?

Platinum Member Platinum Member Tinkerer's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2001 Daytona 26, 1992 SCARAB 34, 1989 25 Checkmate Convincer, 1977 Glastron Carlson CVX 18
    ALTO, MI
    Then you have the big cruiser guys that wont give way on the wrong side of the channel. I had to swerve to keep from getting hit. And what about the IDIOT ragbagger that insists on practicing his tacking skills by doing it coming back in the channel and refusing to use his onboard engine. Boats were going everwhere to avoid this idiot. Ever wonder why the coast guard doesn't use cruisers or sail boats for rescue. Maybe because they are not fast and loud enough.

[size=10]CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW[/SIZE]
    Hey even if it ain't broke it's still fun to tinker with it.

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    This was the post that I was going to put up in regards to the GPS thread. However for some od reason they will not let me post. Guess they are affraid that they will have to buy a new server with my hoe status

I can run at a cruise of 50 and top out at around 60 that is with a full tank of fuel and a couple people on board. Of course since my penis is so small I can bring that with me

The other boat that I run in is a Sport fisher, 68 feet long, will run at 42 knots. The damage that is done by those wakes is insane. You have to be carefull on take off because if you are on the back deck you can not even see over the waves!!! The noise from the twin 1300hp diesles is insane and much louder then my "go fater"

Put your best foot forward!

Platinum Member Platinum Member mcollinstn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 F311SR1
    I wasn't being sarcastic.

I really do think I'll get my wife to bleach her hair.

Well, maybe I was being sarcastic about the gold necklace thing...
    I see London, I see France...

My Boats:
    1988 Cruisers 2800 Rogue
    Hm, just read the whole post on boatered. I will vote with my wallet and not buy from their store boatfix anymore. I expected all the comments made and have heard them all in person before but when Les cut loose he sets that tone for the whole board. Too bad. Glad to be here.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast