If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    My Boats:
    2001 26 ZX DONZI 496HO
    Thats why I know I`m at home on OSO cause all of u said it perfect,I hear it all the time too. I LOVE PERFORMANCE BOATING,regardless of what others think their idea of boating is.U want peace and quite take it 30 miles offshore,thats why u have those houses with hulls!!!!!

Platinum Member Platinum Member rainmn's Avatar
    Manahawkin, NJ
    I hate to say it, but take a look at Mike Star's (Dockrocker) advice. I've been a member there as long as he has, which is since day 1 of that board, give or take few. (Our member #'s are pretty close.)
    From what I recall, C-Spray has been there about as long too.
    It's a losing battle, from where I see it, and a waste of time. The posts will get deleted, just like many others in the past have.
    It's admirable for all of you to go argue the point, but it won't do much good I'm afraid.
    If you've ever had a bad experience with Sea Tow, try and post that over there as well. (Les is a Sea Tow VP.) See how long it lasts.
    My visits to that forum have been steadily declining, probably along the same timeline as Mike's have. This was the last straw for me.
    Edit - forgot to add - George VanParys owns the BoatFix (Dolphin Marine Service) site, and is a great guy. He will answer any amount of dumb questions without a hint of sarcasm. (look at the mechanical forum.) I will continue to order from George in the future.
    Last edited by rainmn; 09-12-2002 at 10:15 PM.

Deland, Florida
    I have been a member there longer than here. I just keep a low profile, you can get some very good advice from George's forum, but contrary to what is posted above, he can get a bit sarcastic at times. He taught me a trick that saved me 6 hours work from one side to another side of the engine to do the same thing.

I agree that we shouldn't go over there and pee in their pool, they don't come here and do it. I rarely go there anymore, but it is good to have another avenue for advice when you need it.

My Boats:
    1985 Chris Craft- Chris Cat
    Winston Salem, N. C.
    BajaDaze, C spray, Puder, & the rest, you guys crack me up!

After reading the post on Boater Ed, I was ticked off and LFMO at the same time.

I have this vision in my mind of you guys going on the other side of the fence to start some SH!T and to defend our GO-LOUD boats. I vision you guys in disguise (like with fake mustache or beard) and trying to keep cool as you rattle their cages. All of a sudden, its like puders mustache is falling off when his OSO habadits kidk in and he stadts speelin baldly, then, C spray said puder - Yore speel chekkr's brokin agin. I was rolling!

All kidding aside, these guys are worse than a blonde with a dictionary (they think they are smart but we know better)

Yachtsman Huhh! Did you look at their profile to see what kind of boat they owned? I would be jelous of GO-Loud boats too, if I had their boats. Talk about trying to make up for lack of penis size..... Les has his boat on his profile and when you click on it, it stretches it to look bigger than the MONSTEROUS 24'ter that it is. (must not be able to work photo shop)

speel chekk this fokker! Charter Member puder's Avatar
    My Boats:
    27' Scarab
    Locust Valley, New York
    they closed it like a bunch of little sissies! They claimed we were trashing thier forum. How abotu we invite them over here to discuss the merits of boating etiquette.

FYI This was my favorite of all teh posts

"Indy, I appreciate your comments. But I think you'll find that, once our lawmakers receive enough complaints or one buys a house on a channel frequented by "no-muffler" boats and sound level laws are written, as they exist for cars, there will, very quickly, be a way to control the sound levels. Again, I have no personal issues with go-fasts except for the noise."

doesn;t that soudns awfully "new american" complain until a politician does soemthing to shut you up and curry public opinion as the defender of the common good and gain some PR. Makes me want to puke!

[SIZE=4]VOTE PUDER FOR EMPEROR IN 2004!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
    Pardon me, while I whip this out!

My Boats:
    Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
    Bell Canyon, CA
    I made four reasonable posts there, and I've already been deleted as a user.

OSO Moderator Charter Member BillR's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I too have been a member of for quite some time. I have not gone back there for more than a year. Most of the posts are dull and boring. After reading the post made, I tried to log on and make a comment, but I too have been taken off. How narrow minded can you be?

The tech section, however, does have some good info though.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
    '02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
    '02 PQ 340
    '00 PQ 280
    '98 Scarab 22
    '97 Baja Outlaw 20
    '72 Checkmate
    '65 Glastron

Platinum Member Platinum Member CigDaze's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer
    St. Petersburg, FL

Thumbs up

Man, I left yesterday at around 5:00ish and hit the bar for a few drinks with some buddies.....Boy oh boy, did I miss a lot.

All I have to say at this point is you guys rock, I love you all in a non-***-type-way, and I am LMAO at this early hour!

We made a hell of an impression, but some old salts will never change I guess.

The most disturbing thing I have witnessed over there is the censorship and narrow-mindedness. I can't believe how many perfectly legitimate posts have been deleted and threads closed. Why? Only because the viewpoints are different?... I can understand the vulgarity, but there was very little of that. Truly disappointing.

And as posted above, try posting anything negative about sea-tow or Les's boat brand. Even if it's honest and a true event or experience, it will be removed. Some people just can't stand good debate!

Two Thumbs up!!

I loved your view on the "inlet / outlet" issue.

I was thinking about just posting a link to this thread over on the 'ED site and see if they would bring it over here. However, I decided against it for not wanting to add to the chaos. I was in a very cynical mood after reading the 'ED post and I figured I could shed some light from the other side of the fence for my OSO brethren. Besides, it sound like the post locked anyway. I'm just ashamed that I have the same last night as Jim. At least he spells it wrong.

Diamond Member #001 Charter Member C_Spray's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2000 Formula 382 with Innovation 600's
    Coastal North Carolina

Question Whew - what a night!

I was off-line for a few hours, and when I came back, well....

It's a free country, so both conservative boaters and OSO'er are allowed to have their opinions. My take on the thread is that both points of view had some good and some bad spokesmen.

Granted, in trying to defend our point of view, I occasionally got my feathers ruffled a little bit, but overall I was pretty pleased with the "image" that was being presented on the side of the "go-fast" crowd in the earlier stages of the thread. I even urged restraint on "our" part on this board. I have to say that later on, despite good intentions on the parts of many, I was a bit disappointed in the image that "we" projected.

The owners of that board (like our own BoardGods) are free to run it the way they feel is appropriate. It's a different crowd over there, so there is also a different atmosphere. I don't necessarily agree with everything the moderator does over there, and he and I have traded emails in private on this whole matter.

The bottom line? Were "we" were being treated very unfairly over there? Absolutely. Was the moderators role questionable? Absolutley. Were there a number of closed-minded people making unfounded accusations? Absolutely.

But ask yourself this: Did we do ourselves any favors in the way "we" responded?

Just one man's opinion (and worth what you paid for it).
    Retired! Boating full-time now.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast