Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat lift suggestions / advice >

Boat lift suggestions / advice

Notices

Boat lift suggestions / advice

Old 07-20-2015, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Northshore lifts, https://youtu.be/RJ0fzpqe4Qs.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 183 Posts

Looks the same as No Profile.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Air dock not very fancy but gets the job done install in one weekend and they are cheap......amazing customer support. I have my 27 on it.

Airdock.com
Old 07-21-2015, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in California most use Hydro Hoist. You can buy enough lifting tank for what you need and add 3rd or 4th tank later for bigger boat. Just make sure model number on frame is able to handle additional tanks. They are easily movable. The model I prefer is a side tie model that secures to the dock with two clamping brackets and four lag bolts.
Jaime
Old 09-30-2015, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by myturn
These are the best ones I have seen:
http://www.magnumlift.com/

Just out of curiousity, why do you say they are the best?? I got a quote for a Magnum 10k elevator, installed with electric ran to dock for $10.2k... Most others are about a grand less and thats without electric.
Do these systems have no cables at all? I know they mentioned gear drives
Old 09-30-2015, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jvcobra
It looks like an elevator lift is probably your best choice given the shape and location of your dock in proximity to your neighbors. I don't think you will have enough room to maneuver if you had a four post.

With that said, elevator lifts are much harder to install than 4 posts. You will need two 10" or 12" (depending on capacity of the lift) piles installed and tied back into the bulkhead with threaded rod. The tracks need to be set at the correct angle and be parallel with each other. Another important thing is the track needs to be set into the mud deep enough to carry the load, 6-8ft. I made the mistake of having an elevator lift installed by a bulkhead company when I had my bulkhead re-done. The tracks were not set correctly and the lift would bind as well as the front track sunk the first time I put a heavy boat on it. They only had the tracks set in 2 ft. If I were to do it again I would use Atlantic Boat lifts, they have the experience and knowledge to do it right the first time.
I ended up getting a quote from Atlantic and they came in at $9k without electric for a 8000lb lift. Of course theres not much info/reviews for their lifts since there home made.... Can you tell me the brand and bulkhead company you used so I can steer clear?? Thanks