Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What do you think of the new Key West (APBA) course? >

What do you think of the new Key West (APBA) course?

Notices

What do you think of the new Key West (APBA) course?

Old 09-16-2002, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Worlds-2002

I don't know what the course's in the past looked like but this course should take you about a mile & 1/2 offshore. If' its a big water day then I think it should be great.

If I can talk the better half into a trip then we will be there.

Wannabe
Old 09-16-2002, 05:04 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well first off I have never known Key West to ever be FLAT. It is always a rough race for everyone. Yes there have been calmer sea years that they have raced there but Keywest waters are always looking to throw you a whooping when you least expect it. Please do not forget either that it is still storm season there that time of the year. Does anyone remember how rough it got a day or two before the hurricane hit during the2001 APBA Worlds last year? I took a demo ride in a batboat last year during that time and boy was it rough. Each year you never know how it is gonna be but you will all hust have to wait until we get there this year.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:44 PM
snglestack

DPT DONT YOU NEED A BOAT TO BE A CREW CHEIF

Old 09-17-2002, 08:33 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually most Crew Chiefs dont have there own boats. They work for other people. In which I do from time to time. Any chances on introducing yourself snglesstack????????????????
Old 09-17-2002, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Whats that little course for Offshore Boats"....bring your boat then and show us...

actually i think the water will be MUCH more inconsistant this year and will not allow a rythm to be achieved... the majority of the layout is in the sloppyest chit! any remember the carnage in this area last year????as tread says...."there will be plenty of rough water for you"
Old 09-17-2002, 12:42 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Lightbulb

As I stated above, I don't like the course. It is much too short. With 3, 4, & 5 being in shallower water it will take a big storm to make it rough there. If they run this course I don't think it will be rough. I grew up in Key West Lived there from 82-94. Seen almost every race there for the last 19 years except the 86 worlds.
Old 09-17-2002, 12:48 PM
Registered

hummm,,,i have a lot of hours logged in all sorts of boats there....the water is just as deap as the set-up last year...please review the below:

http://mapserver.maptech.com/homepag...latlontype=DMS
Old 09-17-2002, 01:31 PM
Registered

really...it's anyones guess til the race is over,,,what the conditions are like??....tide and wind direction have a ton to do with it....i've seen water coming over the rocks at the galleon marina (i stay there a lot as do my parrents ) but that does mean **** really
Old 09-17-2002, 01:56 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Flashwave
Ryan, right on the money. The rough water section is gone. On the other hand, the spectators will get a much better view of the show. I for one would like all the rough water Key West has to offer, but, we'll setup for what we get. Pray for a storm.

Jim
Let's not hope too much for a storm - anyone remember last year - HURRICANE MICHELLE. It was Bajababe's first race - she thought APBA Offshore racing was Boats/Trucks & Trailers racing down 7 mile bridge.
Old 09-17-2002, 02:01 PM
Registered

And you know what - Just Say No was in first place - got out early - however - just so happens that Ms. INXS and I were in a convertable behind the race boats - and it's heck to get pictures of the boats racing home when all you can see is a couple of props!

Just Say No to storms in the Keys - I want to see a REAL race in the Keys.

Corpus was awesome - but I'm looking forward to the Keys.

Quick Reply: What do you think of the new Key West (APBA) course?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.