Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   2 Stroke or Big Block Chevy ? Do you bypass the F1 Section in PBMagazine? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32891-2-stroke-big-block-chevy-do-you-bypass-f1-section-pbmagazine.html)

THEJOKER 09-12-2002 10:24 PM

2 Stroke or Big Block Chevy ? Do you bypass the F1 Section in PBMagazine?

This should be a good one!

Big Block Chevy for me and I bypass the F1 section and go right to the classifieds!

BH

gmhdfan 09-13-2002 12:04 AM

Yea that sounds likes something I would say. Big Blocks Rule:) :cool:

Dean Ferry 09-13-2002 06:42 AM

I don't spend $$ on PB or read it anymore, sorry, can't help you on this Q, but I do like both types of motors, I have owned both, and they each have their own merits. BUT I'm afraid it's only a matter of time before 2-stroke O/Bs are made illegal by the EPA. 4-stroke O/Bs will be the wave of the future, hell, Honda and Yamaha are already building 225 and 200 HP 4-stroke O/Bs!
TGIF,
MD:cool:

Offshore Addiction 09-13-2002 06:58 AM

hey hollis,haven't seen the new PB.....confused by your question......AL

CigDaze 09-13-2002 07:45 AM

If you mean, all those "other" type of boat articles towars the back of the mag, then YES...I look at the pretty pics and skip over it.

gmhdfan 09-13-2002 08:18 AM

Yes Nick that is what we were talking about in another thread. That PB doesn't cover SBI but waste (IMHO) 5 pages on Formula 1 P.R.O.P Series. And when I asked Brett Becker @ PB mag about this he seemed to think there is a big following in Formula 1. I guess I am not the only one that flips through these pages to get to the classifieds. I think maybe the question should be which one makes better music to your ears: outboreds or big block chevys. So make sure you put me down for Big Block Chevy (after all I AM a GM/Harley fan) And I would rather see more offshore coverage than little outbored race boats. I do read about the Unlimited Hyrdoplanes but to go from there and then to Formula 1 :confused: Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this way.
Pete:) :cool:

CigDaze 09-13-2002 09:00 AM

I think that there is a huge following, but I would tend to agree that it is out of Powerboat's Scope. I would much rather see those pages devoted to Offshore Racing of any kind, or maybe even poker run coverage.

Shorty 09-13-2002 09:10 AM

You mean there's another F1 beside offshore, LOL! :D

Yep, guilty... skip past Formula 1, skip all outboard tech stuff. Go straight to the Donzi Girl. :p

gmhdfan 09-13-2002 09:42 AM

Have you seen the Cigarette Girl on the back cover? Looks like the new owners are ratcheting up the marketing a bit. She's getting a Cigarette tatoo.:)

Jan 09-13-2002 10:44 AM

Originally posted by gmhdfan
Have you seen the Cigarette Girl on the back cover? Looks like the new owners are ratcheting up the marketing a bit. She's getting a Cigarette tatoo.:)
I like it, but it seems a little like the Donzi adds with the Red Head.

Oh, and nothing sounds like a big block when they first fire.

Jan