Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: Thanks Canada.......... >

OT: Thanks Canada..........

Notices

OT: Thanks Canada..........

Old 09-13-2002, 09:29 AM
Wild Horses

I'll do it for you..... I'm the first to admit when things are not right.

Canadian PM, Jean Chrétien, is set meet with the U.S. President next Monday to discuss the imminent U.S. attack on Iraq.

Chrétien is not willing to support the U.S. attack, and would prefer to see the U.N. inspectors return to Iraq to search for proof of a weapons stockpile.

What kind of proof, you ask? Well, Chrétien put it in his usual eloquent way:

A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven.

Old 09-13-2002, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Dean....that's exactly the kind of chit I'm talking about!!!

We worked hard and fought hard for what we have...We provide all multitudes of charity to the rest of the world...What more do they want?....To see us crumble? Is it jealousy? Are they in a weak position?
Old 09-13-2002, 09:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Wild Horses
What kind of proof, you ask? Well, Chrétien put it in his usual eloquent way:

A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven.
Thanks!
Old 09-13-2002, 09:37 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

BD,
No problem! I saw this on TV last night myself, and I was flabbergasted!? Couldn't believe our neighbor to the north would say something like this!
MD
Old 09-13-2002, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Dean,

So you also saw what I initially quoted?...Thanks for the backup...I'm not having luck finding it on the net, but I did see it on tv last night.
Old 09-13-2002, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw the interview on CBC as well and the quote by Dean is correct. I would like to say I was shocked by the comments but unfortunatly was not.

The people that get on their soapbox and proclaim that America is somehow responsible for these attacts really just don't have a clue. The only people responsible for the attacks are or were the attackers that carried them out and those individuals and countries that helped them..NOBODY ELSE.

If the world wants to sit by as Iraq continues to thumb it's nose at the rest of the world (UN) and surrender they signed then so be it. The UN enforces nothing. It's a joke. The US will have to save the world from these tirants by itself. I think many countries don't think it can happen to them. Just wait, if something happens to Toronto I can guarentee the'll welcome our "incompetent pilots" then
Old 09-13-2002, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a few points fro a US citizen:
1) I appreciate the humor of the pictures. Thanks for posting.
2) I dont know what the PM was trying to say exactly, but it seems he's backpedaling now. Imagine that, a politician saying something stupid.
3) Keep in mind, Canada is one of the few countries that put soldiers in Afghanistan to fight with the US.
My $0.02
Gary
Old 09-13-2002, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry,but the poor get poorer over there because of the leadership, not because of US policy. It's not our fault thier leaders are taking all the money they make from oil to fund terrorism. It IS everyone's responsibility to stop it, before they kill us all.

If liberal weany nations do not want to help stop it, then get the hell out of our way. We do not really need anyone's help, we just don't need them getting in the way.

The middle east is sitting on a gold mine, yet they make thier people eat dirt sandwiches. What is so hard to figure out?

Nothing against Canadian citizen's, I doubt they all feel that way. Just have liberal leadership with no balls.

Sorry, I am also venting.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:13 AM
Wild Horses

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Playn
our "incompetent pilots"

Playn

What is your take on this incident then?

What would be your stance if 4 decorated top notch soldiers were killed by a Canadian fighter?

It will most likely happen one day, but will probably be caused by a mechanical failure and loss of control due to our aging fleet.

Trevor

Last edited by Wild Horses; 09-13-2002 at 10:17 AM.

Old 09-13-2002, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wild Horses,

It's called War. Friendly fire happens. It's unfortunate but it happens. You don't get to be a fighter pilot here by being incompetent. I imagine it's the same in Canada.

by the way...nice editing

Quick Reply: OT: Thanks Canada..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.