OT: Thanks Canada.......... >

OT: Thanks Canada..........

Notices

OT: Thanks Canada..........

Old 09-13-2002, 10:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...

It's a wartime accident...It happens. I don't think there's ever been a war where friendly troops weren't casualties from accidents amongst any military force. It should not happen, but it does.

Even the best trained, best equipped, most sophisticated, most technologically advanced military will make mistakes. Not to downplay the consequences of this particular event, but it happens.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Chretien is the first leader of a western major nation to suggest that the suicide hijackers might have been motivated by what he describes as the misguided policies of a rich and powerful West that did not understand the need for restraint.

The veteran prime minister, who has been in power for nine years, told the CBC in an interview aired late Wednesday that there was "a lot of resentment" about the way in which powerful nations treated the increasing number of poor and dispossessed people in the world.

Chretien continued: "And I do think the Western world is getting too rich in relation to the poor world and necessarily, you know, we're looked upon as being arrogant, self-satisfied greedy and with no limits. And September 11 is an occasion for me to realize it even more." Like we brought this upon ourselves. Tell that to the victims families.

Canadian Transport Minister David Collenette -- also on the left of the party -- went further in an interview with the CBC that was broadcast in the same September 11 package as the prime minister's. He likened some leading players in the United States to bullies on an ice hockey rink.

The leader of the right-wing Canadian Alliance party, which is generally more favorably inclined toward the United States, quickly branded Chretien's musings as a disgrace.

"(His) comments -- particularly coming on the anniversary of September 11 -- blaming the victim are shameful. What was behind the events of September 11 are the forces of evil and hatred," said Stephen Harper.

"These must be resisted by free and democratic societies and their leaders. His comments are unacceptable, and he should apologize to the United States and to the families of the Canadian victims."

"And I said that day...'When you're (as) powerful (as) you are, you guys, it's the time to be nice'." Nice, my ass! And wait for further mass murder...

Collenette himself showed little signs of restraint, telling the CBC that the collapse of the Soviet Union had removed an important check on U.S. foreign policy.

"I think the western world is a bit too selfish and that there is a lot of resentment. I felt it when I dealt with the African file for the G8 summit. You know, the poor get relatively poorer all the time and the rich are getting richer all the time," he said.

So, did we put them in that position? Do we not shell enough billions of dollars? Should be dropship more tens of thousands of pounds of food...We must, because it must be out fault. Maybe we should not work as hard, maybe we should sell our nice cars and boats so we'll be more on their level...Maybe that'll stop the resentment[JEALOUSY]!

I don't get it...damned if you do, damned if you don't and piss on the sucessful. If they weren't so damned jealous and if they didn't want their piece of the pie so much, things like this would not be said. They want exactly what we have, but can't so they assault with words because that's all they have.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:28 AM
Wild Horses

Playn

Can ya tell I'm pissed? I normally stay out of politics but my butt is on fire right now. So are my fast fingers. It was totally unintentional. I caught it after. Duh!

Anyway, we need a group therapy session and a case of beer here.
Cheers,
Trev

Old 09-13-2002, 10:28 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

BD,and any one else interested,

Here's a link to the article.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,62943,00.html

Once again, I just stated what the PM has said, or not said! I don't think this how the average Canadian feels, at least I hope not.

MD
Old 09-13-2002, 10:41 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Politics aside, I'm still laughing my ass off at that boat pic! I don't care who's symbol is on the side...it's funny!
Old 09-13-2002, 10:48 AM
Wild Horses

It's that big state to the north of New York

Old 09-13-2002, 10:55 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Wild perhaps this will explain...

Minnesota...not to be confused with the State of Confusion

Old 09-13-2002, 11:03 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

WildHorse: I will not comment on the US/Canada incident that you are talking about as I have NO knowledge or have done no research of the incident. HOWEVER there was in the earlier war against Iraq a incident were a US helo pilot hit US soldiers. It happens in war. If the pilots are found to be at fault then it will be handled accordingly. Probably more so I would imagine due to the nature of the casuallties being from another country. ANY casuallty of war is very sad. To have it be friendly fire even worse. HOWEVER I can assure you it was a accident and the men and women of the US Armed forces are the best trained and prepaired in the world PERIOD!!!!!!!

Jon
Old 09-13-2002, 11:09 AM
Registered

The pics are funny,........... I think we all agree here.... terrorism, by definition (kingpin definition) represents NAMELESS FACELESS COWARDS bent on the destruction of the freedoms that we all work our asses off to enjoy. I heard about the attacks @ 0900 & was at my base ready to respond in a medevac helicopter by 0950, with fellow CANADIANS, no questions asked. USA we got your backs!!!!

NO Dean we don't all feel that way

Kingpin
Old 09-13-2002, 11:09 AM
Registered

Thanks guys for the info. I don't watch tv very often and I'm not really into reading the newspaper so I hadn't read or watched it. I agree with you guys. I guess I'm shocked that he would say **** like that but I shouldn't be. He's been a putz the whole time he's been in office and will remain a putz until he's out! Sooner the better by the way. He wouldn't know what a set a balls felt like if they were dangling on his nose!

Quick Reply: OT: Thanks Canada..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.