Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need a good boat Broker - time for a new toy >

Need a good boat Broker - time for a new toy

Notices

Need a good boat Broker - time for a new toy

Old 10-23-2015, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is good luck. I can understand you not wanting to deal with the general public, tire kickers, uniformed, and people with no money. I have sold a couple of boats thru dealers but find that because they have no investment in it and most of the time the customers want more than market, it gets neglected and forgotten. I am sure not all brokers are this way but I have yet to find one.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRider
Call Tim at OCM
I was waiting for someone to say this.

Pete
Old 10-23-2015, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by baja pete
I was waiting for someone to say this.

Pete
It was definitely facetious

Another reason not to use one or buy from one...sorry, you know your boat and if you have any intelligence you can weed out the tire kickers. I have never had an issue selling. Why trust a third party with your money?

Last edited by JRider; 10-23-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:52 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I can't say enough good about the service I got selling my boat with Jerry at The Grand Sports Center (GSC) in Illinois. They know high performance boats and I never once had to deal with any issues other than the purchase agreement and signing over the title. Jerry had a customer for my boat before I delivered it. Good luck.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Mseuro
All I can say is good luck. I can understand you not wanting to deal with the general public, tire kickers, uniformed, and people with no money. I have sold a couple of boats thru dealers but find that because they have no investment in it and most of the time the customers want more than market, it gets neglected and forgotten. I am sure not all brokers are this way but I have yet to find one.

I can't say enough good things about mine.

I use Scott ar Suncoast Power Boats. He keeps mine clean, ready to go, and listens to what I think. He has been nothing but good IMO