Notices

Concept boats

Old 08-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I visited their complex last month and got a first hand tour from Luis. No wood in the construction and the attention to details in the rigging is on par with any custom shop. Good luck!
Old 08-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

On my short list for sure
Old 08-04-2015, 07:59 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had my 36 for 2 seasons now. They are on the lighter side at 6500lbs dry with twin V-rods. I have had it in lake Erie & St. Clair in some rough conditions & am very happy with how it handled. I think if anything the CG could be a bit further ahead.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks. Lots of good info here. I'd like to hook up with low_psi being that we are so close but it's dangerous taking the first mate to see a boat 7' bigger than we are in the market for...
Old 08-05-2015, 09:20 AM
Registered

guess I'll chime in here. I too own a 27 that I use on Erie. I've had it out in some nasty chop (2-3' whitecaps) and provided you keep your tabs down I think it does fine. it's definitely not a wave crusher as it's just so light. that said thanks to the light weight, once on plane it's acceleration is killer and tops out at 60 mph consistently so not a bad tradeoff. the lightweight is also a bonus when it comes time to tow as well. quality wise I think the boat is "okay". I would not consider it a top tier by any means but it's by far not some cheap chopper gun boat. nice thing is Concept has been in the go-fast (non-fishy) CC market way before it ever became the big trend it is now, so finding a used one at what I consider a"reasonable" price is a legit possibility. don't let the size scare you either as nearly all models are really 2' shorter then advertised.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:52 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by blckkat
quality wise I think the boat is "okay". I would not consider it a top tier by any means but it's by far not some cheap chopper gun boat.
Can you qualify this post?
Old 08-06-2015, 09:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blckkat
quality wise I think the boat is "okay". I would not consider it a top tier by any means but it's by far not some cheap chopper gun boat.
I would disagree with this statement. The gel work, fit and finish on my 27 is excellent as is the rigging. No creaks, rattles, etc. While the prior years models do not have a lot of the bells and whistles that some of the newer entries in the CC market do, they perform well and hold up great.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Delo1142
Thanks. Lots of good info here. I'd like to hook up with low_psi being that we are so close but it's dangerous taking the first mate to see a boat 7' bigger than we are in the market for...
That all depends on your budget... You might be able to get into my 30 for what your looking to spend on a newer 27.. Mine is only a 2000 because the HIN says so....
Old 08-06-2015, 01:59 PM
Registered

okay to help clarify by quality statement I'll start by saying I think the gel and paint are great, upholstery and vinyl are nice, hardware is solid. that said I think they take short cuts. For instance, they have a horrible habit (at least on the 27) of just chopping up a deck to fit things, hatches under the v, space for the porti potti under the console, the cheap plastic rod holders in the gunwale sides....I would have expected these type of things to be molded into the deck in this day and age...seriously I don't even know a CC manufacturer that still uses the plastic inserts (rod holders) anymore. it's the easy way out, and it saves money, and we all benefit at the bottom line.again nothing necessarily wrong with this kind of stuff...just not the best IMO.

Last edited by blckkat; 08-06-2015 at 05:26 PM.