Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hardy Dam---exelent turnout... >

Hardy Dam---exelent turnout...

Notices

Hardy Dam---exelent turnout...

Old 09-07-2002, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Hardy Dam---excellent turnout...

Well, I hooked up with Wette Vette and 29Scarab as planned and headed north to Hardy. Craig and Shawn---nice meeting you guys you're good people and I was glad to show you the way to Hardy. I wished I had my boat running for it, but it was worth the drive, and see all the hardware and watch them drive by. We arrived by 10AM and it's a good thing we did cuz it was begining to get awefully busy! Many boat were already there before we got there, but boy did they ever keep coming AFTER we got there!Just seemed like the launch ramp line for boats was endless. It finally slowed down right around 1:30PM or so. I saw "Crackin' Up" (30' Ocean Express Cat--gorgeous boat!), WaterFoul, Wise Guy, It's Only Money, Midnight Rider, Whitey and coutless others. People I really expected to see but were NOT there were: Todd Hartigh, Mr.Gadgets, Dale Korhorne with his big 38' Cougar. I did leave right around 2PM so I may have missed seeing them on the Hwy coming.

Last edited by KAAMA; 09-08-2002 at 05:06 AM.
Old 09-07-2002, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We had a great time!! The WETTE VETTE burned all 40 gallons of the $3.00 gas that I brought and we found a lot of nice calm water to run in. I really enjoyed meeting some of the OSOers and those of you that were boating all have very nice looking rides. To bad there wasn't more time to chat, but my buddies Checkmate had some problems and I helped him out to try to get him going.(with no luck) KAAMA, next year you'll have the boat running strong i'm sure. I heard there was a wreck out there somewhere. Did anyone else hear this? Something about a twin engine vee hull losing a drive and spinning out. Hope nobody got hurt!!! Hey Eliminator 219, what happened? Hopefully it is only minor damage. Your boat looked great!! What kind of speeds were you getting? Anyway it was a good time and next year I will bring more fuel.
Old 09-07-2002, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW what a lot of boats- best turnout ever. Lots of fast boats. And there is still tomarrow. Lots of very fast boats up at the sand bar also. STV's , Alisons Hydrostreams and even a few 1/4 mi drag boats. Even saw 75 gps on My tank today. Cant wait till next year. OH what to do over the winter.
Old 09-07-2002, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was my first visit to this lake and I was impressed. The scenic lake, and of course the large number of great boats, made it a very enjoyable day. Even though I stopped to help a stranded older Hydrostream with a jump, and ended up towing him for an HOUR back to his ramp! Other than that, my boat ran well, and my son got an eyeful during our lunch break at the sandbar. I might even go back tomorrow with the better half!

Last edited by ajs67Donzi; 09-07-2002 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-08-2002, 05:13 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey Tinkeboater, when did you show up? I left around 2PM or so.
Old 09-08-2002, 08:09 AM
flylevel

Mr.Gadgets;
Thanks for the ride. Its was nice meeting you and your wife. Wow,There were some serious hardware. We rode up to consumers beach and it was packed. Saw some pretty nice boats. Was Hot Boat Mag there to get some pics?

Old 09-08-2002, 08:17 AM
Registered

KAM,
give me a call....i may have something your interested in

email me your #, i forgot it...i'm working right now
Old 09-08-2002, 08:28 AM
Registered

Wette Vette,
Sorry I missed you up there. I saw you boat by Brower right after we got on the water. (I take it from your post that you were on the Checkmate trying to get it going?)
How was the run up river? If I would have been thinking, we would have turned around and ran with ya!!
I think we just missed meeting just about everyone!! Oh well, we had fun anyway!!
Old 09-08-2002, 01:24 PM
Registered

Default Missed Conections

Guys,
Really enjoyed your lake and the fun times. Meetting other hot boat people was really great above all enjoyed meeting oso members that I have only heard about from their posts was great. I wanted to give some of you a ride on my Cat that wanted too and Im sorry that it just didnt happen. I delvolped a major oil leak on my starboard engine and had to load up. Sorry!!
seen a lot of great looking and running boats, Hope to meet up with you once again this year somewhere where the time can be spent just enjoying the good times. Thanks again for the great time!!
eliminator219
Old 09-08-2002, 06:35 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Kaama,

The wife and I made it to the launch about 1:30- 2:00pm.. Sorry I missed you. Had that darn denist appt..
We had a good day running, went to Consummers and it was too packed to get back by Waterfoul.. sorry man. Tunning EFI, changed some valve lash..etc. But it looked a bit wild in there anyway. I wanted to play out on the water.

I guess I missed Wette Vette at the launch later when it was time to turn the boat into a camper for the night.

Not sure if anyone heard about the accident later that night. My friend had his new boat on the water with four other friends and were by the side of the river, when another boat drove over the top of them. Everyone went to the hospital, but none were seriously hurt. One lady is still in with internal bleeding. If any one saw the news on Channel 13 today you can see what a mess his new boat is and how lucky they were to be alive. Of course 13 reported mostly wrong facts, but that is how they keep things interesting..
I was at the hospital a good portion of the night and helped on Sunday pick up pieces, so we headed home early.. just didnt feel like boating..

I did see a lot of great hardware there! I hope everyone had a safe day on Sunday..

Dick

Last edited by Mr Gadgets; 09-08-2002 at 06:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Hardy Dam---exelent turnout...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.