Hardy, Don't drink and drive!

Notices

Hardy, Don't drink and drive!

Old 09-14-2002, 10:27 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dick,
thats one of the reasons that I stayed away this year....its getting out of control! I just dont get why people need to get ripped and then run there boats! keep the beer on the dock... Go fast put the boat in a slip or on the dock and then party!!!! I wish someone would put an organized fall event together... kilo runs and a pig roast or something like that, but the liability would kill us!Maybe Marc and the guys that sponcer Smoke on the water could help us out....
Old 09-14-2002, 10:35 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No damage to the other boat but some scrape marks on the bottom.. as I was told by the Sheriff.. But they impouned the boat right away so it was not around long..

You are right about this guy.. off the water for good. Funny thing is no one knows who was driving..

Some one did see it happen, as I was told, the police just have to locate that person.
Old 09-14-2002, 12:08 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by candyman35
I have been asked many times why I always look behind the boat when I'm coming off of plane. I tell people I want to make sure no one is going to use us as a launching ramp.

Dan
I do the same thing. In fact, I don't even change course a couple of degrees without looking back first, just like changing lanes on the highway....always look!!!! I even warn passengers if I'm gonna make a turn or come off plane. Even out on Lake Michigan, where there are litteraly 1000's of square miles of open water I have had a boat "sneak" up on me to the point that I may have been in danger if I had changed course a little without him noticing.

Always look!!!!
Old 09-14-2002, 01:24 PM
Registered

The girl in the cabin (who is a friend of mine and Mr. Gadgets) told me the police estimate the other boat was going about 70!! WITH NO LIGHTS ON!!!!! As Dick said - our friends did have their lights on. And supposedly the one kid is already on probation.

Dick - holy crap I can not believe those pics!!
Just so glad that Greg and Daneen are alive!!!
Old 09-14-2002, 01:28 PM
Registered

And the other boats prop missed her head by an inch - literally. Cut through wires in the cabin that where an inch from her head!!
Old 09-14-2002, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts
Smile hard to believe

It's hard to believe these things happen.When you see the pics. it just makes me think someone had their guardian angel on high alert that night-GOOD THING!!VERY glad everybody will be o.k.-Best Wishes and speedy recovery!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2002, 08:34 AM
JW

Default So glad nobody was killed..

I hope they teach the driver of the other boat a REAL lesson this time. He better be counting his lucky stars that he didn't murder anyone. Good thing your friends have (had) a nice big burly hull. Is that a 4Winns?
Hoping for a speedy recovery...........

Old 09-16-2002, 05:00 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It is very fortunate for my friends and the person driving the other boat..that no one was killed. I do think who ever was driving (they have not determined that yet, as I understand), some jail time would be warranted..

The boat is a 22' Maxum. It was a very nice boat and seems to be well constructed after what is left when some one ran it over.

Here is what they look like when not compressed!
Attached Thumbnails Hardy, Don't drink and drive!-dc01006ra.jpg  
Old 09-16-2002, 09:00 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

OH MY GOD!!!! That is just plain insane. I was running hard this weekend in the evening fallowing a boat. I am not sure if we just missed or if I drifted to the left of him more but I missed a can by about 2 feet at maybe 40mph. I wanted to stop and no wake it home from there!!!

I hope your friends are ok and recover and that this jerk off has insurance!!!

Jon