Notices

How do get boat off trailer, safely?

Old 08-16-2015, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by murfman
I've done it 5 times now, pretty simple actually

I made these to move it around the shop:
Mudsharks on a 3wheeler?? can you keep the front wheel on the ground long enough to steer??
Old 08-16-2015, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

If ur in the miami área do it by hand. It takes 2 cubans per foot and 8 along the transom to lift it off the tráiler for a v hull with twin i/o power . get em from in front of home depot or lowes. Get em early so they will be sober
Old 08-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by iliveonanisland
If ur in the miami área do it by hand. It takes 2 cubans per foot and 8 along the transom to lift it off the tráiler for a v hull with twin i/o power . get em from in front of home depot or lowes. Get em early so they will be sober
With slight variation that works on the west coast too... if your in the midwest, your options are a little more limited....
Old 08-16-2015, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

Just back up real fast and slam on the brakes... Make sure the boat is unhooked first
Old 08-16-2015, 06:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

I work at a marina and we generally use a Travel Lift. But for some boats we use Yard Arms. Basically, they're portable hydraulic jacks with arms that extend under the sides (outside chines) of the boat. Position four (or six) of these bad boys correctly, then lift about an inch at a time at each jack until the trailer is cleared. And yes, the arms do extend far enough in to allow one to pull the trailer out once the boat is up high enough. They also have a nice locking feature to allow one to safely work under a boat supported by them. They are pretty expensive, but maybe a marina near you would rent you a set.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

Yard Arms are the way to go, find a marina near you that has them they may do it for you. I use mine for my detailing customers when they need bottom work or there trailers need work . $100 off and a $100 back on.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phragle
Mudsharks on a 3wheeler?? can you keep the front wheel on the ground long enough to steer??
Front tire is never on the ground lol. It's bored out to a 500 as well��. If I'm gonna kill myself I'm gonna do it quicklay and old school...
Old 08-16-2015, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hijack off: