Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Have to rant... Saturdays run... >

Have to rant... Saturdays run...

Notices

Have to rant... Saturdays run...

Old 08-24-2015, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have to rant... Saturdays run...

I just had to vent and who better to vent to than others that will feel the way I did Saturday. Now, first and foremost, I don't expect people to bring gas money when we boat. I just expect them to bring their own food/drinks and help me clean up at the end of the day. One of my good friends was out with us Saturday and he always brings fuel money, to the point where I tell him he's overly contributing and doesn't need to do that every time we go out. The other friend that came out brought his girl that he's talking too. My plan was to go to a restaurant for lunch then head over to another spot that we like to go to. The bay was a little snotty on Saturday, but was an awesome run. So lets get down to what pissed me off.

We are headed to stop number 1 and I heard a couple "crunch" noises, but didn't know what it was. I turned quickly and noticed the other friend sitting on the back deck with a rope tied to the grab handle of my seat. I yelled and told him to get the hell down (we've had this conversation before about being safe and not sitting up there). We get to stop 1 and have our lunch. After lunch Im at the boat and the other friends girl got to the boat before him. She's on board and finishing a drink. I hear the CRUNCH again and notice what the hell it was. She smashed a damn beer can with her foot on the floor of my boat. I freaked out and said "What the hell are you doing?" Her response was "That's what the other friend did and thought it was okay"... Hes walking back at this point and I asked what in his right mind makes it okay to smash beer cans on the floor of my f**king boat? I get no apology. I only get a "calm down" which then leads me back into reminding him to NOT sit on the rear deck underway. Its dangerous and DNR will stop us if they see it. So we continue on to stop number 2. Like I said the bay was a little more snotty Saturday and we hit some boat wake at one point that put us up in the air a bit. Felt a tug on my seat and after we pass the wake, I see that the other friend is STILL on the back pad. I immediately shut down and went 6mph until I got to spot number 2. Everyone kept saying go and I told them tough ****. You don't want to listen on my boat, then we go 6mph. So, we get to spot number 2. The finger piers were up a little bit because of where the tide was. The other friend goes off to the bathroom and comes back, I hear a THUD.. He jumped from the finger pier down to the rear deck. So at this point, my meter was pegged. I went off again saying he needs to respect my property and not this isn't a jungle gym. I still get a "calm down, its okay"... No, its not okay. I don't need you destroying my interior or worse, messing up the hatch (guy is 240lbs easy). Later in the day, it was about time to leave, he does it again. You guys can probably imagine how heated I was and of course. He get BACK ON THE DAMN REAR HATCH for the ride home so I go slow again... Told him its going to be a long ride at 6 if he doesn't keep his ass in the boat. He finally sat in the seat and off I went. When we got back, he just sat there while my good friend and I got his and his girls stuff off the boat, flushed it and did all the typical things to put the boat away.

This was supposed to be a nice day and I want to take advantage of what season is left. Needless to say, the other friend will not be on board anymore. I just can't believe how inconsiderate people can be. Anyone else deal with people like this? I'm sure we've all been there at one point.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:39 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

He's not a friend.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:43 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I would have left them at stop 1 or at least at stop 2. My boat my rules if u dont like it call a fin cab.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
I would have left them at stop 1 or at least at stop 2. My boat my rules if u dont like it call a fin cab.
Trust me... I was really tempted. I guess I should expect the lack of disregard being that he does have a headlight on his truck scotch taped in place....
Old 08-24-2015, 05:52 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Exactly why I like to boat solo!
Old 08-24-2015, 06:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

It's a sad thing to say but only boat owners know how to respect boats and use common sense around them.

Technically, I doubt anything he did would harm a Cigarette in any way whatsoever but it's just dead set wrong to treat someone else's property that way, especially after they've been spoken to once already.

New boating rule number 1. 'Respect my boat and do as I say at all times or you will be jettisoned at high speed'.

RR
Old 08-24-2015, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like a typical Maryland Socialite aka spoiled brats. We have a ton of them around here. I could go on and on about how these kinds of people have no respect for others property but it's Monday and I don't want to get myself all worked up at the beginning of the week.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:28 AM
Registered

I settled myself by getting another good friend of mine and I together and upgraded the stereo lol.. I now have 2 Polk 10" subs, 2 JL 6.5" speakers, 5 channel amp and new wire ran. Need spacers and another set of JL's for the cabin area since the placement is shallow. I also may look for a free air sub since there is too much air space in the sidewalls (where the 2 original ones were) and I think I can get more efficiency out of them if they are free air. It sounds pretty awesome either way though.. So I'm in a better mood today, but every time I think about Saturday, I shake my head..
Old 08-24-2015, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Strike three. As already mentioned, they are not friends. Hard to imagine they continued after being told.....
Old 08-24-2015, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

WOW!
Sorry to say, but that is not a friend. That is just someone you know.

Padraig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.