Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: CAT and Mice... Escient Power Play ??? >

OT: CAT and Mice... Escient Power Play ???

Notices

OT: CAT and Mice... Escient Power Play ???

Old 10-06-2002, 08:41 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default OT: CAT and Mice... Escient Power Play ???

Hey how are things going out that way for you? Things are REAL slow out by me. I have had it with this Power Play system that you and I talked about a while back. They prommised the problems were to be fixed and it seems that they are only getting worse. I have replaced 5 changers and 4 processors!!! It takes a long time to take out 200 discs and reload them or about 3-4 hours to rebuild a data base that is 600 discs!!! Well the other day I found out that they are no longer making the power play. The do not have changers any more and have no plans to continure with it.

My question is are you stil happy with the Kennwood unit? Have you had any problems with it? I will be of course controlling with a Crestron via RS232 and using a older VT-3500 video pannel. Do they still make it? I am concerned that they may have stopped since Escient did as well.

Thanks
Jon
Old 10-07-2002, 08:16 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

TTT
Old 10-07-2002, 10:16 PM
Cat & Mice

Audiofn, Whats up?? hows things going?

Sorry it took so long to see your post, I have been very busy with work. Things are going well but I don't have enough time to screw around.

The Escient "Sucks ASS" (can I say that here??) we have had no luck with any of the units we have out there. The Kenwood has been OK but not perfect. We are waiting to get a new version of the Power Play from Escient. I hope this one actually works. I will let you know.

You missed a great CEDIA show. We had a blast. We launched a new company called ACS (Audition Contract Systems) ACS builds and sells large complexe systems to A/V dealers at wholesale. This allows a small AV guy to handle huge jobs with us as a invisable resource. We do all of the pre-assembly and testing in our place and ship out a "Plug & Play" rack. We have been setting up dealers all over the Country. We have even setup some very large A/V guys that can use our services. It was a hit. go look at our site www.ACScontracts.com

P.S. Dustin made the first pass on the Dyno with my new motors. It made 750hp @ 6000 rpm 780 tq @3400. They ran out of fuel in the tanks so they will have to finish tomarrow. Dustin thinks it will make about 780 @ the 6300 max RPM. The MEFI 3 will only go to 6300. Anyway it is very impressive for a 406ci small block.

Pyle

Old 10-08-2002, 01:12 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Wow those are some really impressive numbers on those engines

As far as the new power play.... They are no longer making it!!!! I told them one more time I will give them a shot. I know some that are working very well and others like yourself that are having lots of trouble. I guess they can no longer get the changers so they discontinued the thing. I told them I wan them to take a unit that they know to be good and kick the snot out of it for a two weeks and then send it out. If that works I will be MUCH happier to get a used one then the new ones that seem to constantly break!!!

The new business idea sounds cool and I will check it out tomarrow for sure

Jon