Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st? >

Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st?

Notices

Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st?

Old 09-20-2002, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jack,
I left you a voicemail. I'll give you a call tomorrow.
Dan
Old 09-20-2002, 10:35 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Next weekend might work out foor us too.

That's to bad about Boatfreak28, I'll give him a call tomorrow.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:08 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Well, just got home tonight and I'm reading about all you wussies.....LOL!

Actually I show the marine forecast to be 1-3 footers tomorrow and 74 degrees. Problem is this time of year, it's tough to put things off, it's not likely going to get any better. So, we'll be boating unless the 1-3 turns out to be 6-8 Which HAS HAPPENED. More than once even.

Plus, what the hell, our last 2 trips on Lake MI have resulted in trips over an hour long in 3-6'ers, so I'm kinda used to it. Heck, if I had a 38 Cig, I think I might even fall asleep at the wheel in those 5'ers. I might want to move to a 24' pontoon just to get a little more white of a knuckle ride. LOL! And I've learned that the wife, aftering downing a bottle of wine no longers cares about the ride. WOO HOOO!!!! Drink up honey!

If nobody else goes and next weekend works, heck, we'll probably go again. It's just gas......I guess if we do a run this weekend, I can scope out ice cream possiblities I know Dan's in

All I know is it's in the 40-50's at night, so it's not like many will be going for swims in the lake, so we'll be boating TO a place probably the next few weekends as weather allows.

Mark
Old 09-21-2002, 12:00 AM
Registered

NEARSHORE MARINE FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL
1000 PM CDT FRI SEP 20 2002

FOR WATERS WITHIN FIVE NAUTICAL MILES OF SHORE ON LAKE MICHIGAN

LMZ740>746-210900-
WINTHROP HARBOR IL TO NEW BUFFALO MI

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT

OVERNIGHT
SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING WEST.
BECOMING MOSTLY CLEAR. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET.

SATURDAY
WEST WINDS DIMINISHING TO 10 TO 15 KNOTS EARLY, THEN
BECOMING NORTH BY AFTERNOON. PARTLY CLOUDY. WAVES 2 TO 3 FEET.

SATURDAY NIGHT
NORTH WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS. MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH
A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET.

SUNDAY
NORTH WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHWEST. PARTLY
CLOUDY. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET.

They were originally calling for 3-5's. I copied that report and pasted it. If it turns out to be a nice day some one call me and wake me up!!
I can be in the water in an hour. I hope we can do this next weekend.

Happy Ice Cream sampling,
Dan
Old 09-21-2002, 04:21 PM
Registered

Default Bad weather..Man?

Originally posted by candyman35
NEARSHORE MARINE FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL

FOR WATERS WITHIN FIVE NAUTICAL MILES OF SHORE ON LAKE MICHIGAN

LMZ740>746-210900-
WINTHROP HARBOR IL TO NEW BUFFALO MI

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT

OVERNIGHT
SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING WEST.
BECOMING MOSTLY CLEAR. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET.

SATURDAY

WEST WINDS DIMINISHING TO 10 TO 15 KNOTS EARLY, THEN
BECOMING NORTH BY AFTERNOON. PARTLY CLOUDY. WAVES 2 TO 3 FEET.

SATURDAY NIGHT
NORTH WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS. MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH
A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET.

SUNDAY
NORTH WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHWEST. PARTLY
CLOUDY. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET.

They were originally calling for 3-5's. I copied that report and pasted it. If it turns out to be a nice day some one call me and wake me up!!
I can be in the water in an hour. I hope we can do this next weekend.

Happy Ice Cream sampling,

Dan,
Your weatherman and his predictions suck!!
Once again we have been cheated out of a good time by some jerk that can't tell if it's going to rain when he already is wet!!
Dan
I see that you are also not enjoying your boat this great Saturday, Mine has been down since I got back from the Hardy Dam run, just got it all back together with new props and all today.
I really wanted to run with all of you this week-end, I worked until One last night, Just couldn"t get it back together for today.I never replyed to any of the post regarding the MC run because I felt that I couldnt get the engine back together soon enough, Now I have no where to go!! Next week is another time.. will try again then.. regards Les
eliminator219
Old 09-21-2002, 05:12 PM
joeyoffshore

Checking my new avitar hope this works.

Old 09-21-2002, 05:42 PM
Registered

Default Was anybody on the big Lake today?

The weather was beautiful and the Lake was like glass - barely a ripple. I prefer it rough, but it looks like all the concern about the big puddle not playing nice was for knot (pun intended).

CW

joeyo:
We gotta get you a cooler avatar.
Old 09-21-2002, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I was at in St. Joe this morning and the sun was out with hardly a cloud in the sky and it was warm out, but I looked at the lake and the waves were 3-5 footers with the winds coming out of the S.W. I drove down and met Doug/Pure Adrenaline at New Buffalo. The waves were something like 2-3's with occasional 4 footers as we rode in his 35'Cig down to Michigan City. We tied off the boat by the CG station and walked over to Matey's for lunch.

From Matey's we called Mark/Mr. Cig and told him that it seems that as you go south that the waves get smaller. Once we left Matey's we jumped back into the boat and the lake had laid down even more---to something like 1' waves in a short period of time! It turned out to be a GORGEOUS day for boating! But it was a difficult one to call with the weather being so bad and unpredictable prior to the run. Oh well, I guess we'll try for next weekend.

The launch at New Buffalo was adequate enough for Doug's boat and deep enought too (8'-10'), but when we returned to put the boat on the trailer we quickly found out that there is a very deceptive current there and it took a little doing to get the boat back on the trailer---took us a little by suprise. It took some team work to get that thing on the trailer (3 of us).

I stopped at Doctor Dave's place before returning home. He showed me a few Bravo One drives he's repairing for someone---some interesting tools he's got for checking stuff in them thar drives! While I was there I peaked at those 5" tailpipes he's got-----a feller could hide thar too!

Well, I think and HOPE I made the last of my parts run for my boat. We might be making some racket tomorrow!

Last edited by KAAMA; 09-21-2002 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-22-2002, 11:47 AM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Brian,Mark,Dave,Craig & Steve,was a real pleasure meeting all of you and your wives....Some really sharp looking boats you have,just wish the lake would of been more cooperative so we could of let them run......Hopefully we can meet up again this year.
Steve
Old 09-22-2002, 07:06 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Steve,
Great hanging out with you and Maria (SP?), too. Speaking of which, Craig had her sweatshirt and was going to bring it by your house sometime this weekend. Barney's was fun.

KAAMA,
We had 5 boats in St Joe that morning red-ta-go and we ventured out and it was pretty rough. I'd say 4-6's (maybe 3-5's I guess), but then again, I went out twice and played around and had some pretty tough launches/landings. There was no back on the waves, if they were rolling, it would have been much nicer. So, we decided to hang out at barney's. Then we went back out on the lake later. In St Joe, it never got better than 2-3's. We anchored at Tiscornia beach and some even got in the water and went swimming. Anyway, we were out all day, had fun. Today was another situation. The season ending weather is arriving........

Dan,
Well, hope you got out. It sounds like it was wife-worthy weather for boating on your side, aka Fountain water We had "Thunder" water over here I'm not sure what the plan is for next weekend, but I think we'll play it by ear next time.

Mark

Quick Reply: Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.