Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st? >

Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st?

Notices

Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st?

Old 09-22-2002, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

32fever,
We didn't make it out Saturday. When I called the run off my friends made other plans. It was flat over here. I spent the day working in the office. We went to Thad's party, a member of COPS, last night.WOW!!!!!
I have never been to a party like that before. I plan to post some pictures when there developed. I'm still bummed that we couldn't make the run. I hope we can still run this weekend or the next. This time of year you are correct about playing by ear.

Eliminator219,
Les you scared me. I read your post and figured it was good water on the Michigan side also. It was flat in Chicago. Is that Cat ready for another try at this if the weather and weathermen behave?

KAAMA,
It's good to see someone had some fun yesterday? Get your baby running this week and we will give it another try.

BTW, Next time we need a group decision to run or not to run. I don't like making decisions. Especially if they’re wrong!

Dan
Old 09-22-2002, 11:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

32Ferver your right . I felt like a wuss all day. It was rough at South Haven but I think we could have made the run. ( and I only have a 28') I drove to Michigan City and really felt worse. The lake was not bad there at all and the day was warm. I went to Matey's at 12:30 and asked the bartender if anyone from OSO was there. She didn't know and I couldn't tell. We need a ID of some sort. Was anybody there at that time?

Pure Adrenaline
I saw your boat in New Buffalo on the trailer going west on 12. I turned my truck around and tried to find you after you turned right on to a side street. Somehow that fantastic boat just disappeared.

Derek
Thats my Checkmate north of the bridge. Where are you?

Unless all HELL breaks lose next weekend, I'm going. Thats my last chance to run for the year!!!
Old 09-23-2002, 08:06 AM
Registered

Candyman (Dan)
Sorry I missed Thad's party, we stayed out on the chain until after 8o just trying to enjoy that beautiful day. From what Cashbrain and you posted it sounds like it was a good time, maybe even better than being out on the boat.
Old 09-23-2002, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Quiet Storm,

Read my previous post---we were at Matey's at about 12:00 Chicago time. We were in the rear part of Matey's---They didn't open up the front part until about 1:00. Sorry we missed you somehow.
Old 09-24-2002, 11:00 AM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

What a beautiful saturday. That was only are 2nd time on Lake Michigan, the first was St. Joe. Again we had the perfect tour guide ( KAMMA ). I didn't think the water was to bad to go out but Betty can't swim so she wasn't to sure about it. I can understand her concern. Mark arrived and saved the day. The trip down to MC was fun but short. Lunch was great and Matey's was a great selection guys. After lunch we headed west almost to the first steel plant and then turned back for New Buff.
Quiet Storm sorry we missed you both times. After turning off 12 we only went a block and turned right and parked. We walked back up to the main street to do a little shopping and go to the fruit market. Thanks for the complement on the boat. We bought it Dec 99 and only put about 60 hours on it and I think 40 was just this year. Lots and lots of work.
KAMMA thanks again for the tour.
We had such a great time, if it looks like a go for this weekend I think we are going to change are plans and do it again. Hope everyone can make it. Doug and Betty
Old 09-24-2002, 11:49 AM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Doug,
Wish we could of made it down to Mi.City to hook up with ya,tried to go out of St.Joe and run down,but on the way out to the lake my wife was watching the boats in front of us pointing their bows towards the clouds ,and kind of freaked out.Really not sure if I would of tried it, even if she wouldn't of been with me.Was pretty rough....Sounds like we need to enroll your wife and mine in some swimming classes .... One of the guys that was in the group that we went to the resturant with mentioned trailering down to Mi. City,sounds like that would of been the smart move....Overall it was still a good day,meet some great people,and my wife is still talking to me .
Guess I'll hold off rewinterizing, and wait and see what the weather does
Steve
Old 09-24-2002, 12:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Is it time to start thinking about this weekend? The long range weather looks cool but dry. I still have all the gas I was going to burn last weekend.

Kaama will your boat be ready?
Old 09-24-2002, 01:55 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Deffinitly not to late to start planning. That way more people will show up. We are suppose to show are 69 Z/28 Camaro at James Dean fri,sat,and sun, but if the lunch run starts back up we are headed to the lake fri & sat.
RAMPAGE I like the swimming class idea. Betty can tell your wife about almost ripping the OOOOOOOOOOOH **** bar out of it's mount at LOTO. Was I in trouble that afternoon.
KAMMA WAZZZZZZZZZZZZZ UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP !
Do we start a new thread or continue here about sat the 28th.
Old 09-24-2002, 07:46 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Quiet Storm
Is it time to start thinking about this weekend? The long range weather looks cool but dry. I still have all the gas I was going to burn last weekend.

Kaama will your boat be ready?
I hope the winds treat us a little better this weekend. It was flat on our side of the lake last weekend. I think Mother Nature wants to see Kaama's boat running too! I have been planning on this Saturday since last Saturday. Are the same plans as last week ok with everyone? Do we want to start a new thread?

Dan
Old 09-24-2002, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey gang! Yes, I think we should start a new thread!

I think I'll be ready to go! Everything is looking good so far. Tonight we did some final measuring for the last of the braided fuel lines from tank to filters to pumps to regulators to carbs. We have everything we need---just need to make it all fit. The pre-fitting is already done---just cut for length and add fittings to the hoses and install. Engines have been primed, and hey, we actually set a carb on the port engine tonight---not hooked up yet but it's sittin' there with a smile on its face!

Tomorrow (Wed) we need to bolt up the driveshafts, install distributors, plugs, link up carbs, connect ignition wires. Thursday we'll be checking electrical systems and turn the keys to fire. Friday I hope to do a water test.

I am only needing one thing and that is a 1" rubber hose that has a few of the correct curves and jumps from the water fitting from the header flange to the tailpipe. Other than that-----

Yep, we're lookin' good so far!

Quick Reply: Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.