Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33010-lunch-run-michigan-city-september-21st.html)

KAAMA 09-16-2002 10:02 PM

Hey look, for me, this is a maiden voyage of sorts okay? I'm not out to break any records or try to. There are plenty of other boats out there that can whip my arse anyway! I'll just hang with the pack and bring up the rear. I want to try and take it easy----yeah okay slick :rolleyes: we ALL know how that goes! Some offshore jock is going to pull up along my side and want to get it on. And if I turn my head and look at him, it will be all over---I'll be commited----win or lose I'll be sucked in to the challenge. :(

Mark/32Fever, I am hoping for calm waters too actually, cuz if it's too rough this kid is NOT going and I wouldn't expect anyone else to either! I seriously plan on cruising at a speed that everyone else is comfortable with. Actually, that's really what makes it more fun anyway. Besides, I've got to keep a close eye on the guages.---Oh sure :rolleyes:

KAAMA 09-16-2002 10:12 PM

Dan/Candyman,

So what are the locations, schedules and times? I take it you're not going by Eastern Standard Time, but rather Chicago time----right? Sounds like we've got quite a pack running down from St. Joe to rendevous with you folks in MC.

KAAMA 09-16-2002 10:32 PM

Oh BTW, I am making one last emergency parts run down to Lane Automotive/Motor State tomorrow (Teus). Anyone from my side of town need any parts while I'm down there?----Okay, no smart arses!

Doug 09-16-2002 10:37 PM

Now kamma. It's really getting deep. I've seen those baby's and there not 327's. Hang in the back and bring up the rear, Ya Right And a poker run isn't a race. NOT ! Glad your bringing the Doctor with you. Catch you later. Doug

candyman35 09-16-2002 10:56 PM

I get home tonight to find my earthlink email is down.:( I call and listen to elevator music for 15 minutes and then hear a click and a dial tone. I finally get tech person who tells me the whole network is down. :mad: Then why can my wife get her email and I can't. Back to boating!:D

Quiet Storm,
I'll launch out of Alsip unless the weather looks questionable. I would rather tow home in the rain than sit at the lock. I may have to tow up to Michigan and run down with you guys. It sounds like your going to have a bunch of boats.

32 Fever,
I believe Running Hot is for sale again! That might keep up with Kaama.

MR.CIG,
Will you autograph my Poker Runs America Magazine? :p :D I can't wait to see the pictures. I'll get it in a couple of weeks when the postman's done with it. :rolleyes:

Do we want to do Matey’s restaurant & beer garden? I have never been there. Do they have a lot of room? I will call and see if there is any problem accommodating a large group. There is a lot of room on the wall by the park to tie up. There is a Coast Guard and DNR station right there. 5" dry exhaust??? We could tow Doctor Dave in.:D :D

Does any one have any suggestions? I have always eaten at Bridges, which is just past the Train Bridge. There isn't enough parking for a large group and the restaurant is very small. They do have excellent grilled Hot dogs and Sweet Potato fries.

Do the guys from up north want to meet at Hammond or do you want to run straight to Michigan City?

Hammond to MC 30.6
Diversey to MC 39.6
Diversey to Hammond 17.7
North Point to MC 69.2
North point to Hammond 56.7
St. Joe to MC 34.3

There is gas at Hammond and Michigan City. I know Michigan City closes their gas dock early.

Dan

candyman35 09-16-2002 11:09 PM

Originally posted by KAAMA
I seriously plan on cruising at a speed that everyone else is comfortable with. Actually, that's really what makes it more fun anyway.
We ran 50 MPH up to North Point in a pack formation. The sailboaters loved it. :p :D Some guys would mix it up some and then fall back in. It was great! It got rougher when we reached North Point. We picked up 10 more boats that were waiting patiently waiting to join in on the fun. From there it turned into a poker run style free for all. I prefer running in a group. You can move around in the group but still keep the pack together. It's got to look impressive from shore to see that many boats together.
Dan

DOCTOR DAVE 09-17-2002 05:53 AM

32fever, it's not nice to pick on the doctor!;) ;)
you guys will have to slow up for me now when cruising, i took off the 30's (got tired of breaking drives) i put on some 27 mirages (boooooo) cant believe i got to run 4000 rpms to cruise 50 mph. the part i like is ,wot is on the rev limiters 6000 @80! wooopeee!
sounds like a great plan saturday, just like the old days, hey kaama, can you say u-got-a-regatta. i should call my buddy that does photos from his plane, and get him to take some pics for us, that would be cool. looking foward to meeting all you guys from the west side of the lake:p

Zoomnfun 09-17-2002 06:42 AM

I'm all for the easy cruise, 50 to 55 area. God knows I am hard on parts all year, time to slow down a little. Unless of course conditions provide for air time:eek:

Dean

Payton 09-17-2002 07:04 AM

If Zoomnfun is going to stay at 50 or so:rolleyes: , I need to go just to see that. I don't think I've seen him on the water below 70!!:D :D

Wish I could go. Is the rain date on Sunday? That may work for me.

KAAMA 09-17-2002 07:46 AM

Doug,

I know you think my 327's are actually some tricked out big blocks, but your eye sight must be going bad on you---when you get a little older that's one of the first things that go---memory is another thing that goes too. Besides, with those "coke bottle" bi-focals you wear, it makes things appear a little larger than what they actually are. :D