Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Would (could) the market support a Single O/B 25ft 100mph Race Cat for 60,000.00 ? >

Would (could) the market support a Single O/B 25ft 100mph Race Cat for 60,000.00 ?

Notices

Would (could) the market support a Single O/B 25ft 100mph Race Cat for 60,000.00 ?

Old 08-26-2015, 11:40 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
You have beeen in the boat I haven't, but as a racer u know bad sh$t can happen quick and at those speeds is anyone sure the lid will hold up and save someones life. I found out the hard way in KW last yr in turn 2 when we went over and had a canopy failure. I hope no one is ever in that situation if wasn't a good feeling. Running a boat down the river or ocean at a 100 isnt an issue racing you need to turn hard and fast race boats don't flip in the straight aways. Just my opion.... Safety first.
I would think 80 would be a great target speed for the class, great concept and a need for a class like that.
From all the footage I have watched on youtube the canopy's hold up well and I have not seen any failures or blow outs even during a full 90mph plus stuff into a wave. But nothing in life is guaranteed and no manufacture I know will guarantee in writing that his boat or canopy will never break during a accident. But that 80/85mph speed is most likely the speeds they would race in real world conditions anyways, not the 100 unless the water is flat smooth.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544637[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Would (could) the market support a Single O/B 25ft 100mph Race Cat for 60,000.00 ?-45.jpg  
Old 08-26-2015, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do they have an escape hatch on the botom similar to the bigger cats?

Do u have a price for the freight to ship the boats to the US?

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 08-26-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:51 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Do they have an escape hatch on the botom similar to the bigger cats?

Do u have a price for the freight to ship the boats to the US?

Yes, this is mine when I was rigging it this summer. I'm a pretty good size guy and have no problem getting in or out. I actually did most the inside work with the boat on the trailer and me standing on the ground through the hatch.. lol

Price is 27K eur for a hull, plus freight. If your closer to port the cheaper it is, but figure 4-5k, unless the US customs people decide to give your container a extra look $$

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544640[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Would (could) the market support a Single O/B 25ft 100mph Race Cat for 60,000.00 ?-24.jpg  
Old 08-26-2015, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
From all the footage I have watched on youtube the canopy's hold up well and I have not seen any failures or blow outs even during a full 90mph plus stuff into a wave. But nothing in life is guaranteed and no manufacture I know will guarantee in writing that his boat or canopy will never break during a accident. But that 80/85mph speed is most likely the speeds they would race in real world conditions anyways, not the 100 unless the water is flat smooth.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544637[/ATTACH]
links to the videos??
Old 08-26-2015, 09:19 PM
Racer
Racer

YouTube UIM C3/225, Should pop up some, but you need to search.

Before I bought mine I could not find anything online. No race website, no manufacturer website, no team sites, no nothing..

I finally found a Facebook page about the race in February and started emailing people tagged in the race boats or around the boats.. after a few weeks I found the manufacturer
Old 08-27-2015, 08:22 AM
Registered

Rick, have you thought about or looked into havin the boat built here? There are a ton of good Cat guys around that might be interested in a project like that.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:13 PM
Racer
Racer

I have gotten tons of positive feedback and wanted to clarify a few things about these boats.

First the 60K Price (plus freight) is for a NEW Boat, Trailer, Motor.. etc...

2nd My 100mph speed was done with a KILO set up. A spec class legal boat would race in the mid 80's in normal waters.

3rd: I do not build these, nor do I make a penny off any boats sold. My long term goal is to build up a affordable spec style race class.

4th: They are pretty kick as$$
Old 08-27-2015, 06:19 PM
Registered

My thought is that you would get alot more intetest if you boat was readily available in the US. I know many ppl that have had good and business transactions across the pond. People would be leary I think to make a purse sight unseen. I realize you're not building boats that wasn't my intention but being that you are spearheading it if you could negotiate with US builders on a particular boat for the class it would just make it that more appealing. Also it would probably reduce the cost and make it even more affordable to give more people the potential of racing in that class.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Registered

Rick another another thought is you might want to take your business proposal and submitted to the organizations it would be a shame to try to build a class or a model for a class that the organization's couldn't support. It would give them a chance to review it and submitted to their insurance companies for approval, this way you're not putting the cart in front of the horse. In your business proposal they would need all the specs for the boat and motor and propellers for review.

I think this is a great opportunity for a lot of racers to get into an affordable spec class. I also think it would make for some exciting racing.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Registered

Great fit for the APBA lake runs like LHRA, etc. Options for easy local great flat water for racers. Outboards dont seem to make it into these events, no sure why. Nice ride, enjoy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.