Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
2008/2009 Fountain 38TE (Center Console) Construction Material Confirmation? Coosa? >

2008/2009 Fountain 38TE (Center Console) Construction Material Confirmation? Coosa?

Notices

2008/2009 Fountain 38TE (Center Console) Construction Material Confirmation? Coosa?

Old 08-25-2015, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008/2009 Fountain 38TE (Center Console) Construction Material Confirmation? Coosa?

Hi, I'm calling on all owners of a 2008 or 2009 Fountain 38TE center console to confirm or deny that they were constructed with all composite materials like Coosa for stringers and transom?

I have already seen extensive damage to the 2004 Fountain 38TE's with wood stringers especially in fresh water situations where the contamination leads to accelerated decontamination. I just looked up the HIN# and it looks like it was built in June 2008 for model year 2009. I tried calling Fountain but the guy on the phone was trying to tell me they switched to composite in 2004 which I know isn't true especially with the 38TE as I have already seen a 2007 Fountain 38TE that was all wood construction. Anyway, I tried emailing them as well.

Do you know anyone that owns a 2008 or 2009 Fountain 38TE that I can turn to for confirmation that these model years were built with an all composite construction? Specifically were the stringers and transom made with Coosa composite or some other composite?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 08-25-2015, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Post your question on thehulltruth.com. Their are more Fountain C.C. there.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI - It has been confirmed that the all composite construction was a $5K option offered in the model years of 2008-2010 on all Fountain center console boats! They switched to all composite construction as the standard when they did the redesign for model year 2011-Current on all the center console boats. This information is specific to Fountain center console boats only as I am not sure about their other boats.