Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hey Crazyhorse, we just bolted my engines in the boat tonight... >

Hey Crazyhorse, we just bolted my engines in the boat tonight...

Notices

Hey Crazyhorse, we just bolted my engines in the boat tonight...

Old 09-11-2002, 12:13 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Hey Crazyhorse, we just bolted my engines in the boat tonight...

and it just might be running by this weekend---MAYBE!
Old 09-11-2002, 12:31 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

COOL

I'm on the same path ! Got one finished tonight and hope to have the other done tomorrow night . A little work to the trailer bearings and brake lines ,I may make this weekend too !

Of course it may take another week to clean it .......

Good luck !
Old 09-11-2002, 05:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to hear that Mark, it will be good seeing you on the water soon.....Fred
Old 09-11-2002, 06:19 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I'm keeping an eye on this post!!!!!

Old 09-11-2002, 06:56 AM
Registered

Hey, glad to hear it boot!

Kind of a neat feeling isn't it? We still have to do a little tweeking on the deck of the boat with a die grinder yet to get the tailpipes to clear. My Stellings go STRAIGHT BACK, they don't bend down on an angle at all so a little grinding is needed which I really hate to do, but is required for proper fit. The trick is to do it without trying to make it look like a hack job, but I am doing my best. We were at least still able to get the engines installed and I have already done much of the grinding prior to installing the engines, however we cannot quite get the tailpipes to bolt up to the collectors of the headers so a little more grinding will be needed for some added clearance to be done even though the engines are now bolted in.

We still need to get the "hook-up" yet on the engines fuel/electrical/oil/water. We have moved the engines back 10 inches to a factory/stock Bravo installation which has given us much more room in the engine compartment, better center of gravity and angle of attack. We had to shorten the driveshafts, move the motor mounts back, shorten the tailpipes, and move the Harwood scoops back. Doing that alone wouldn't be so bad, but I thought it was probably a good idea to do it at the same time I was having the boat's transom, engine pit stringers and engine pit floor all replaced. We used 1708 Nytek glass (spelling?) with Epoxy resin. I live about 20 miles from the Skater factory and so we got our wood/resin and material from there.

It's been a long haul and quite an experience.
Old 09-11-2002, 07:24 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

KAAMA!!!!

Send me your number again. It seems there's a few things you left out about telling me about your boat when we were at HARDY!!! ''

Also, want to find out where the Skater factory is!!

Thanks,
Shawn
Old 09-11-2002, 08:42 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

GO YOU GUYS GO!!!!

Wait tell you hit those throttles forward

Jon
Old 09-11-2002, 09:15 AM
Registered

I don't know Dave, it's going to be close. However, I feel like I have reached a milestone now that the engines are at least sitting in there. We have to get some fittings for the fuel, water and oil hoses that are for the mechanical guages that run all the way up to my dash, but that's super easy and will only take about 15 minutes. Ignition box brakets have been made and ready to mount. The KE fuel filters, Oil coolers and lines need to be mounted yet.

We could very well have it done by the weekend, but it's just finding out what EXACTLY we're going to need and then GOING TO GET IT is what robs us of most of the time needed to make it happen.

Shawn/29Scarab, You only live about 20 miles or so from the Skater factory too. Just up the shoreline to Douglas/Saugatuck and you're there. I'll keep you posted on the project.

Audiofn, Fred and all you other guys---We're REAL close now.....thanks for the encouragment.

Last edited by KAAMA; 09-11-2002 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-11-2002, 07:35 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark ,I'm doing the Happy Dance for you Man!!!!!!!Keep us posted Wade and I are pulling our boats this weekend and are availible for chase duty!!!I think we are going out Friday night....
Don
Old 09-12-2002, 12:05 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Boy Kaama , You make it sound easy ! All you have to do is this , this ,this ,and this ...... Just like that .. All that crap took me weeks ! (From 6pm till 1am ). Good luck .HOpe you make it for the weekend .

I got mine in and and almost completly done !! Just have to bolt exhaust pipes on port motor , set blower & exhaust pipes on starboard !!

Only one MAJOR screw up ......... I just noticed the engine coupler looked crooked .I went to hook it up and realized the motor is too low ...... I put the bolts in the wrong holes on the mounts ! Some how I have to lift the back of the motor tomorrow without ripping any lines off and move the bolt .

After that , Service the trailer , clean the boat ,(for about a month) and go ROCK the Jersey shore !!!

Quick Reply: Hey Crazyhorse, we just bolted my engines in the boat tonight...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.