Notices

Re-enlisting to USMC

Old 09-11-2002, 03:41 PM
satisfaction69

Default Re-enlisting to USMC

I just got done today at the recruting office, I knew/know I have 18 months to re-enlist. Now 've put the ball in motion to get back in as a Staff Sgt. due to my promotion on my discharge date of Apr. 25 02' I'll still get my bonus and keep my promotion. But for know it's going to be in the Reserves at either 3/25 H&S Co. in Cleve. or India Co. in Buff. It's only gonna be a 24 month tore but that can change(my turms).

This is only if I can't get back to Coronado Beach California for a place in a SEAL TEAM (UDT MARINE)

I took today off of work to do this and still felt "Empty" still think I can do more to make a differance or a change what that is I don't know?

All the support was very appreciated while I/we were gone for the 90 days aboard the USS Kittyhawk Sept 26 -Dec 23

Today just brought back many thoughts of what happened and where I was and doing at the time. And wil NEVER FORGET this day as many on Dec. 7

Later Sat69

Old 09-11-2002, 03:48 PM
TulsaLarry

Good luck Sat69, I appreciate what you are doing for our country.

Old 09-11-2002, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

thanks
Old 09-11-2002, 03:53 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 914 Likes on 460 Posts

WOW! You have no idea how much i admire the people who go to the military! I personally couldnt do it willingly, but thats me. If i was to be drafted per-say that would be different and i would give 110%. but to just go and sign up like that....i think i'm too spoiled to give up my luxuries. Man i give you people all the credit in the world! Stay safe!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-11-2002, 04:58 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Thanks buddy!
Old 09-11-2002, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Sat69,

I was originally at Pendleton (Horno 3rd Bn. 1st Marines) Infantry. Then shot my way competitively onto the 1st Mar Div Rifle & Pistol Team at Mainside Division Schools where we ran a Sniper School and marksmanship/coach's school. We were the golden boys and we would instruct and shoot competitively. I spent my 4th year over in Oki at 3rd Recon Bn. I went to Recon & Raid School at Coronado Naval Base in April of 1978 when I was a L/Cpl. It was some good training. We raided from the the sea at night using the IBS (Inflatable Boat Small), and we also raided air fields at night as well. Did a Live Fire Ops out on San Clemente Island. We were flown out there on CH-53's. Did TONS of stuff. The water was COLD and the surf zones were a witch with a CAPITAL "B"! But that chow hall they had down there at Coronado was one of the best that I have ever eaten in. They feed the Seal Teams well down there and it's a beautiful little base! I loved the Corps---lots of memories!

Semper Fi Bro
Old 09-11-2002, 06:06 PM
Registered

Semper Fi, STAFF Sgt. Troy!!!
Old 09-11-2002, 08:55 PM
Registered

Good luck. My buddy is a SEAL Lt. Commander. I don't know what a UDT Marine is. Can you shed some light on that? What class/es did you go through? Do you have to go through the Navy's UDT training or BUD/S? IF so, maybe you know my friend. He served in Team 2 and then 8 before taking a position in Special Operations for Central Command last Summer shortly before the 9-11 tragedy. I've not heard him mention any UDT Marine's in the past so I'd love to find out what you guys do. I'm always supportive of guys who serve and appreciate your commitment to the country.

Again, good luck.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:30 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Sat69,

WOW you really did enlist... Well good luck, God Bless and Thank You (and every service men and women) for protecting the Red, White and Blue...

Regards,
Heather

Old 09-11-2002, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

UDT=Underwater Demolitions Team

BUDS=Basic Underwater Demolitions School

If I remember correctly that is what those abreviations stand for.

Last edited by KAAMA; 09-12-2002 at 08:05 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.