Need a marine surveyor in the Houston area

Notices

Need a marine surveyor in the Houston area

Old 09-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Need a marine surveyor in the Houston area

Need a marine surveyor in the Houston area for a boat I'm looking at, any recommendations?
Thanks,
Dean

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 09-04-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:48 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I am free a few days next week but booked solid from Sept 14 thru 20. I will NOT be the cheapest one for the job but I can and will stack myself up against whomever plus will treat it like it was my own buying it.. Give me your app and model along with engines if you choose to do so. If not I understand that as well.

Also will need to know MPI or TBI or carb apps NA engines or SC apps. Also engine serial numbers and outdrive serial #'s so I can run them thru the OEM to check all issued repairs from any OEMS along with warranty work plus service & part bulletins thru out its life.

I have all the latest greatest scan tools and the big thing here is, I know how to read them properly plus know all the parameters of the scans. Just saying.

Last edited by BUP; 09-04-2015 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:55 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
I am free a few days next week but booked solid from Sept 14 thru 20. I will NOT be the cheapest one for the job but I can and will stack myself up against whomever plus will treat it like it was my own buying it.. Give me your app and model along with engines if you choose to do so. If not I understand that as well.

Also will need to know MPI or TBI or carb apps NA engines or SC apps. Also engine serial numbers and outdrive serial #'s so I can run them thru the OEM to check all issued repairs from any OEMS along with warranty work plus service & part bulletins thru out its life.

I have all the latest greatest scan tools and the big thing here is, I know how to read them properly plus know all the parameters of the scans. Just saying.
BUP,
Thanks for the reply, I'll let you know as soon as I hear from my insurance co, about my quote.
Dean
Old 09-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP

PM'd ya but box is full. Can you run serial numbers for me? Not in Houston but having a boat checked next weekend by a mechanic and having this info would seal the deal. [email protected] is my email addy.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:15 PM
BUP
Banned

Dean I will keep an eye on this so let me know

If it looks like the 20 th on let me know as well. Again I am UNAVAILABLE Sept 14 thru 19 and possible the 20 th.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:16 PM
BUP
Banned

What serial numbers ? - engines or hull or drives or all 3. What app and year model ?
Old 09-08-2015, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Houston and was needing a survey in Austin. In my thread 93 shooter posted this web site

http://www.marinesurvey.org/us-regions.html

There are a lot of them in the Houston area. Are you needing this for insurance or for checkout before you buy?

Last edited by Turbojack; 09-09-2015 at 06:40 AM.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
What serial numbers ? - engines or hull or drives or all 3. What app and year model ?
1997 Scarab 29 2 engines, 2 drives, and hull if its different that what I found via boatfax.