If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Flemington, N.J. U.S.A
    mcollinstn , GREAT explanation ! THank you . I got the same thing from DanL on the phone . Thank you too Dan. I never realized the ports were offset . I am going out now to check the pump . What is my chance of havening damaged the impeller ? It had water pressure from the garden hose . MAybe that lubricated it ? Guess I have to check to be sure . Better to do it now then on the water ! THanks guys for all your help .

Flemington, N.J. U.S.A
    Yup the pump was mounted upside down in the bracket. I checked the other motor before install and just assumed this one would be the same . Oh well . Boy those hoses SUCK to get on those fittings !!! I had to take a brake and calm down . Had to take the pump completly out and put it in the vise to get the hose on ! In order to get the pump out ,I had to remove blower , power steering pump , fuel line from filter to pump ,and 2 front water hoses !! IF I took the exhaust manifold off it would make it easier too. But I didn't. Then I bumped the fuel valves and dumped about 2 gallons in the bildge !! I have a nice headache now ! MAybe by midnight I'll have it back together ......

Platinum Member Platinum Member Quiet Storm's Avatar
    Lake Michigan
    Best to double clamp the hoses. I blew a hose off when I was testing early in the spring. Its surprising how fast those pumps can fill up a boat and how hard they are to get back on out in the lake. But it sounds like this advise will get there late. Good Luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12