Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which way does the sea pump flow ? >

Which way does the sea pump flow ?

Notices

Which way does the sea pump flow ?

Old 09-16-2002, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

mcollinstn , GREAT explanation ! THank you . I got the same thing from DanL on the phone . Thank you too Dan. I never realized the ports were offset . I am going out now to check the pump . What is my chance of havening damaged the impeller ? It had water pressure from the garden hose . MAybe that lubricated it ? Guess I have to check to be sure . Better to do it now then on the water ! THanks guys for all your help .
Old 09-16-2002, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup the pump was mounted upside down in the bracket. I checked the other motor before install and just assumed this one would be the same . Oh well . Boy those hoses SUCK to get on those fittings !!! I had to take a brake and calm down . Had to take the pump completly out and put it in the vise to get the hose on ! In order to get the pump out ,I had to remove blower , power steering pump , fuel line from filter to pump ,and 2 front water hoses !! IF I took the exhaust manifold off it would make it easier too. But I didn't. Then I bumped the fuel valves and dumped about 2 gallons in the bildge !! I have a nice headache now ! MAybe by midnight I'll have it back together ......
Old 09-17-2002, 06:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best to double clamp the hoses. I blew a hose off when I was testing early in the spring. Its surprising how fast those pumps can fill up a boat and how hard they are to get back on out in the lake. But it sounds like this advise will get there late. Good Luck