Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Scarab Vs Fountain Vs Donzi Center Console >

Scarab Vs Fountain Vs Donzi Center Console

Notices

Scarab Vs Fountain Vs Donzi Center Console

Old 09-15-2015, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I boat at the mouth of the Chesapeake, pretty much open ocean with a current that can really move at times so it's a washing machine many days. I really liked the Concept but a true 2-3 sea will not be fun, 2' is fun though. I'm not saying my boat is much better in 2-3 but it's better. The Concept was very hard to get the bow down, its a very light boat and it rides on top of the waves, IMO there is no substitute for more weight in rough seas. Mine had 225 Opti's and was a 65 mph boat with 3 blades and 63 with 4 blade but it rode a lot better with the 4 blade, it will porpoise bad with the 3 blade.

Not knocking the 30 Concept at all, IMO it's best in a lighter sea though
Old 09-16-2015, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete280
I boat at the mouth of the Chesapeake, pretty much open ocean with a current that can really move at times so it's a washing machine many days. I really liked the Concept but a true 2-3 sea will not be fun, 2' is fun though. I'm not saying my boat is much better in 2-3 but it's better. The Concept was very hard to get the bow down, its a very light boat and it rides on top of the waves, IMO there is no substitute for more weight in rough seas. Mine had 225 Opti's and was a 65 mph boat with 3 blades and 63 with 4 blade but it rode a lot better with the 4 blade, it will porpoise bad with the 3 blade.

Not knocking the 30 Concept at all, IMO it's best in a lighter sea though
Pete
Thank you for that. Dakota is a new boat that I am now keeping my eyes open for. The concept isn't a true 30' bow to transom, that makes a big difference in my mind. As always, weight does help, but did the concept have any common issues as far as the way it was built?