Notices

CLARIFICATION from Bob Saccenti

Old 09-14-2015, 11:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CLARIFICATION from Bob Saccenti

Dear fellow OSO members:

I never thought in all my forty years racing and manufacturing powerboats, that I would have to make a post of this nature to protect my good name..."Bobby Saccenti"

It was brought to my attention that there is a marketing and sales promotion going on for a 42 Chief, by Scott and Daryl Grady and Eric Dorrs, that is using my name without my permission.

Just to clarify, I HAVE NOT been associated with Scott and Daryl Grady for almost ten months now. Nor do I endorse any of their products or methods of doing business.

In the past I have always tried to be an easy going low-key person. However, I cannot sit by and allow anyone to use my name for marketing and sales promotion without my permission.

Thanks to all

Bob Saccenti
The following users liked this post:
Drewski (11-19-2021)
Old 09-14-2015, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ +1

Class Act, enough said Sir
The following users liked this post:
Drewski (11-19-2021)
Old 09-14-2015, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Bob.. You don't need to protect your name. Everybody, who is anybody know the name. The few who don't. you / we don't need to worry. (All the best Ole' friend. )
Old 09-14-2015, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe someone should stop by and tell them Not to do that...... Like the Good Ol' Days...... Some people will try anything to make a Buck.......smdh
Old 09-15-2015, 12:06 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 555 Likes on 264 Posts

Hello Bobby, I asked my editor to remove your name from my story that ran last week. I included it because in the column I wrote a while back I included you as part of the team. I didn't realize your affiliation was no longer. Sorry for the confusion. If don't know what other issues there are with using your name, but I want you to know that no one affiliated with Chief told me recently that you were still involved, I just assumed so.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Saccenti
Dear fellow OSO members:

I never thought in all my forty years racing and manufacturing powerboats, that I would have to make a post of this nature to protect my good name..."Bobby Saccenti"

It was brought to my attention that there is a marketing and sales promotion going on for a 42 Chief, by Scott and Daryl Grady and Eric Dorrs, that is using my name without my permission.

Just to clarify, I HAVE NOT been associated with Scott and Daryl Grady for almost ten months now. Nor do I endorse any of their products or methods of doing business.

In the past I have always tried to be an easy going low-key person. However, I cannot sit by and allow anyone to use my name for marketing and sales promotion without my permission.

Thanks to all

Bob Saccenti
so that wasnt you in all the photos of that boat being built?
Old 11-15-2015, 02:02 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no dog in this fight, but reading this, it begs the question?????? If its someones design or mold or built at their plant or told someone else how to do it,etc etc,,,, How can you say they built that boat??? How many boats did Skip, Reggie, Don, Jerry or alot of the company owners actually climb in the molds, roll out mat, tab in stringers, cut the holes in the boats..... I know they are responsible for the product, How about Fountains, Cigarettes, and other companies that had Skater build some of their race boats, yet still call them their own. So would a Saber really be an Apache and what about Donzi , Baja, Proline??? Just thinking out loud here. And I mean no disrespect to anyone at all on this.

Last edited by Bawana; 11-15-2015 at 02:08 AM.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 226 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by stimleck
so that wasnt you in all the photos of that boat being built?
Apparently you did not read the last paragraph of Bob's post.......They were using his name for marketing and sales promotion without his permission.

Which paragraph were you referring to where you think he said.....That was not me in all the photos of the boat being built????
Old 11-15-2015, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

The Chief ads just say a Saccenti design or something like that. I do understand not wanting your name mentioned anywhere on a product you are not involved in. But the mention is true, so you might not like it, you'll probably have to live with it.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob, there are a lot of people riding on others coat tails. You're abilities will always make others envious . Ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.