Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Clearwater 2015 SBI Nationals packed with more talent than any prev. race this yr >

Clearwater 2015 SBI Nationals packed with more talent than any prev. race this yr

Notices

Clearwater 2015 SBI Nationals packed with more talent than any prev. race this yr

Old 09-21-2015, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Teaser Pic #1
30 Spectre
Old 09-21-2015, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

What qualifies a boat to race in the Nationals ?
Points ?
Entry Fee ?
Both ?
Old 09-21-2015, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
What qualifies a boat to race in the Nationals ?
Points ?
Entry Fee ?
Both ?
points are not required to enter, but you can't win unless you've accumulated the highest points all season and competed in the nationals.

yes, entry fee is also required.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:28 PM
Registered

Wow I haven't made a race all year. I need to see if I can find a room. I've never been to Clearlake. Can I get some help on where to stay. This could be fun. Thanks Artie
Old 09-21-2015, 07:41 PM
Registered

Artie, Clearwater is 30 mins from Tampa, so any hotel in the Tampa/St Petersburg area will be suitable. Clearwater beach itself has very nice ones too, Sandpearl, Hilton, Hyatt.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by foxbat
Artie, Clearwater is 30 mins from Tampa, so any hotel in the Tampa/St Petersburg area will be suitable. Clearwater beach itself has very nice ones too, Sandpearl, Hilton, Hyatt.
Not exactly. This is a big fukking town.
Traffic on 60 at the wrong time of day could take you an hour to get across Gulf to Bay from Tampa and another hour to get over to the beach, especially on a weekend and extra especially on race weekend.
There are plenty of hotels on Clearwater beach, stay there if you come.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 09-21-2015, 08:21 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,748 Likes on 1,234 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
Not exactly. This is a big fukking town.
Traffic on 60 at the wrong time of day could take you an hour to get across Gulf to Bay from Tampa and another hour to get over to the beach, especially on a weekend and extra especially on race weekend.
There are plenty of hotels on Clearwater beach, stay there if you come.
Building off what Jay said ... you can probably save a few bucks by staying off the beach, but man, the Sunday traffic coming into Clearwater Beach then doing what traffic does—not moving—is ugly. And I lived in Los Angeles County for almost 40 years, so I've seen some first-class traffic.

What a great place to watch a race, though. Pretty beach, mostly unobstructed view, but even better from some of the higher ocean-facing hotel rooms and suites.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

If need be just stay in Indian rocks beach and take the trolly in on Sunday
Old 09-21-2015, 09:23 PM
Registered

artie, you're a smart guy: some ppl in the tampa/st pete metropolitan area take 30 minutes to get to the beach, some take more, depending on various factors. or, as originally mentioned, there are several very nice hotels on the beach itself, or as nate mentioned, indian rocks. pm me if you need more info...i have a pretty good idea what i'm talking about
Old 09-21-2015, 09:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by foxbat
This is the biggest showing of top-tier racing we've seen all season with more entries in UL class than any other!

Who are your picks going in?

Geico vs CMS in the Mercury 1650 club, and Alex Ani vs Envy on the Stotler team. Geico has struggled this year on the race circuit with temperature issues. Will 03 CMS continue to pull ahead? Or will Marc, Scott, and Stray strike back to remind us all why they are 8 time world champions? As for Alex Ani and Envy, I have a feeling the new turbos in Alex Ani will trump the blowers in Envy, but nothing more amazing than seeing this many big cats clawing at each other. Thanks to Hammer Down Boating for posting the lineup.

6 UL class entries
CMS 03
Geico
Alex Ani
Envy
Lucasoil
12 Freedom

5 Superboats
Stihl
Cleveland
WHM
Sailor Jerry
AMSoil

3 Extreme
Instigator
Twisted Metal
Outerlimits

4 Vee
Phantom 9
Sunprint
Lily
Boatfloater

5 Stock Cats
Papas Pilar
FJ Propeller
Talbot
Smart Marine
Turtle Cove

3 Prod.3
2nd Amendment
Developer
VooDoo

5 Prod. 4
Two Cruel
Christies Photography
No Vacancy
Maxed Out
Fast Forward

https://youtu.be/oLsbj7gX9jc

https://www.facebook.com/HammerDownB...type=1&theater
Thanks for the HDB mention. Should be some great racing.

In the Extreme Class, I'll be surprised if the Outerlimits runs in it; last I knew, they weren't running the class spec 572 cubic inch naturally aspirated / no fuel injection / no forced induction engines, as per the SBI rules; that's why Lucas Oil is in the Unlimited Class. Instigator & Twisted Metal always put on a great show.

Good to hear Speed Racer / Performance Marine is planning on joining the Unlimited Class....lots of high HP hardware will be showing up in Clearwater.

It also looks like the other classes are also filling out nicely! Can't wait.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.