Notices

How not to sell a boat

Old 09-23-2015, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was shopping I talked money over the phone for the boats that were 5+ hours away. Two of them I had a local friend go look at and the other we were too far apart for a deal. The last one that we couldn't make a del on is still on the market and the price is now $400.00 below my offer. Worked out well, we love the boat we bought.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cabin fever
When I bought mine. The ad was kinda bad. I called the guy on the phone, and got a lot of info. Asked for more pics, and he sent me about 25 more pics, even crawled under the trailer to take bottom pics. I told him I knew it wasn't a brand new boat, but if I was the most picky guy in the world, what am I going to pick apart, then sat and listened to everything he told me. I drove 14hrs hoping it wasn't a waste of time. When I looked the boat It was everything the guy explained, maybe even better then what he said.

From the time I saw the boat online, till it was in my driveway was about 7 days. Honestly I think it didn't sell sooner was because the original add didn't have much info, or pictures. Good for me I guess.
Haha, I've scored on that as well. An ad so bad / sketchy that people are afraid to take a chance. Just because peoples boat selling skills are terrible, doesn't mean their boat/bike/truck/tractor is.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:21 PM
Registered

I'm headed south. The seller seems like a straight shooter.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

As a buyer I tend to avoid private sellers. Find dealers are easier to deal with. Plus dealers have contacts in things like shipping.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Canuck B Crazy
As a buyer I tend to avoid private sellers. Find dealers are easier to deal with. Plus dealers have contacts in things like shipping.

While I share your same thought and idea. Most don't cause they always seem to think the broker/dealer is shady
Old 09-23-2015, 08:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Probably doesn`t think you`re serious . I know I`ll negotiate all day with someone who has come to see what I~m selling.
Not so much with someone throwing out numbers on the interwebs without being serious enough to come see whatever I may be selling. Especially a purchase such as a boat with so many variables.
I call those folks tire kickers.
X2 get on a plane...show me ur serious...then we'll talk