Notices

old boating mags

Old 09-26-2015, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll take a look and see what I have. I have a decent stack of yachting , Boating, and probably some car mags. Wife is quick to toss em if I don't hide them in my office
Old 09-26-2015, 12:12 PM
Registered

How about aviation mags?
Old 09-26-2015, 02:36 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Sure let me know, I know the doctors will snag the Yachting magazines and most anything small plane related. This is exactly what I am saying that most women hate the stock pile of magazines that guys collect thru out the years. They throw them in the recycle bin. Again I will take any boat magazine, bike and car magazine. Seems like today many of the kids like anything to do with wake boarding and that type of boat.

I want to give a big thanks to a member David of Custom Touch in Austin who is helping me out as he seen this post today, We are going to meet midway about 90 miles for the both of us to grab a bunch of boating magazines. I am getting a lot closer to the 500 or more mark of magazines. Last year I drove almost 200 miles round trip to pick up 280 boat magazines one week before Christmas because I was completely out of magazines and thought shipping them would take forever that time of the year. Hell freaking diesel was almost 4 bucks a gallon to do so. Thank goodness the magazines were free. Just saying.

Thanks to the people who are trying to help. I do this because it seems to really change the mood in the hospitals especially in the December months. People faces change completely from a tired look to a happy face when you show up even just to pass out magazines of interest.

Last edited by BUP; 09-26-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I had a lot of older and newer Performance Mags and I use to bring them to the Doctors Office, Hospital Lounges and Dentist Office. All they had were Good House Keeping, Time Life and other woman books so I thought that it would be good to bring some mags each time I went to promote Power Boating and I got rid of most of them to my wife pleasure.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:13 PM
Registered

Found 35 or so, mostly boating stuff. Shoot me a PM and we can figure out how to get them there.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:48 PM
BUP
Banned

Thank for the help and your time

OSO PM'ed you.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:20 AM
BUP
Banned

Would like to THANK EVERYONE who sent me magazines for the holiday pass out. If anyone lives in the DFW area you know the crazy weather we had all year and of late the flooding from this past weekend. This is the starting week that I usually pass the magazines out. I will be delayed all week because we did get some house damage from the flooding so I am stuck at the house until we get some of this looked at and fixed.

Man this has been a rough year with this constant bad weather all year. Some of the lakes are closed once again in the area. Anyways just wanted people to know what is taking place. Really would like to give a HUGE THANKS to David of Custom Touch for all his time and the all the magazines.