Old 09-16-2002, 04:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Welcome Dennis Moore

I know it's a little late.
But since no one else has done it, I thought I'd say
WELCOME to OSO!!!

I'm sure, as you've found already, you'll be an invaluable member. A weath of information. Probably the most sought after and used (abused?) member. I hope we don't chase you off with too many questions.

Thank you for writing SBC Marine performance it's been good reading, several times over. Been planning another engine to put in my '88 F-206 Formula, currently has a stock 270hp 350MAG, and used your book as reference. If it's alright I'd like to run my ideas past you and get your opinion.

Thanks for joining us.

Last edited by Iggy; 09-16-2002 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-16-2002, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, what the guy above said. Welcome to OSO. Last winter/spring while I was recuperating from a knee replacement KAAMA loaned me your book to read. I was impressed with you and the book. Lots of common sense stuff as well as technical info. I hope you can make it to some midwest OSO get-togethers. Again, welcome to the site. Dave
Old 09-16-2002, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts
Thumbs up I second Iggy's post...

Welcome Aboard Dennis Moore!

I have already acknowleged your membership in a couple other posts, but this is just to make official. I know Too Old has as well---he's our official Moderator----like Fox News, I believe he's fair and balanced.

Mark/KAAMA
Old 09-16-2002, 05:22 PM
Registered

Oh, I don' know, KAAMA. He just might be "too old". Are moderators anything like high school guidance counselors? I'd say he's a lot like Dan Rather or Peter Jennings- poised and sophisticated. Although I need to say that Peter J. didn't make any brownie points with Toby Keith when he said Toby's song "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" was radical. But yes, I'd agree that Too Old is fair and balanced.
Old 09-16-2002, 05:56 PM
Registered

welcome, glad to hear that OSO has a new Merc. master tech on board, might have to ask for HELP one day
Old 09-16-2002, 05:58 PM
Tejas Raz

Hey there, Welcome Aboard!

Didn't know you were a member here though I'm not surprized. I've got both books and the small block one has been highlighted to death with notes and red underlines and so far, one engine has been built with the advice you offered. It's doing better than the drive unfortunately.

So, Thanks! We needed books like those.

Scott

Old 09-16-2002, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 315 Likes on 172 Posts

Yes, welcome aboard! I too, have your book.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome. It is addicting. Your wealth of knowledge is greatly appreciated. The number of experts on the board is fantastic.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:48 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Welcome Dennis! Your SBC book is great and I'm planing
on updating my '88 350 in the Carlson CV-23 with your
tips...Its great reading and I also enjoy your Family &
Performance Boating articles, Mike.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:09 PM
Dennis Moore

Default Thanks so much

Thanks guys I have never had so many people say so many nice things about me. Even if it is boaters it is still a nice compliment! (just kidding of course). I am going to print this stuff and mail it to my mom!
I love boats and engines as much as you guys do and I never get tired of talking about them. Keep the suggestions coming for magazine articles and send me photos of your boats. I don't have much pull at the magazine but maybe I can get some of them in there!
Sincerely
Dennis Moore
FAMILY AND PERFORMANCE BOATING MAGAZINE

Moore Performance
PO Box 1413
Monrovia, CA

Quick Reply: Welcome Dennis Moore

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.