Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Domination and Attrition at SBI Clearwater National Championships >

Domination and Attrition at SBI Clearwater National Championships

Notices

Domination and Attrition at SBI Clearwater National Championships

Old 09-29-2015, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve had a great year very consistent boat ran well minimal breakdowns. I know he's in a lot of testing and set up on the new boat all the hard work paid off
Old 09-29-2015, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Steve had a great year very consistent boat ran well minimal breakdowns. I know he's in a lot of testing and set up on the new boat all the hard work paid off
Will this be the year that someone beats the Outerlimit SVL in Key West? The Kildauls look like they have a fast boat this year also.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike A.
Sunprint won the national title and missed the overal high points championship by one point.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:52 PM
Registered

All 5 boats in SV class in Clearwater can win on any given day, some very talanted and well prepared teams this past weekend. Phantom 9 did an outstanding job he was right on with his setup and it showed. The kildauls looked very fast till they had issues, Steve M got a bad start, Brit ran a solid consisting race he was right on. Wil did a great job with a boat that he has limited test time with toward the end of the race the boat was come alive be interesting to watch its progresses.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:55 PM
Registered

Looks like key West is going to be a slugfest should be interesting
Old 09-30-2015, 01:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Will this be the year that someone beats the Outerlimit SVL in Key West? The Kildauls look like they have a fast boat this year also.
I am going out on a limb here and say that a team other than the SMB Outerlimits will take home the title this year.....I know that Doc and Brian were not too thrilled with having to add weight and lower drive height last year all in the spirit of "parity"....and even with the restrictions and the team prevailing last year, the concept of singling out a team and penalizing them for success is a tough pill to swallow....where does it end? until they lose?

I would be surprised to see SMB team in Key West (at least as an official race entry)

My money is on Sunprint....he owned the class until Doc showed up and his consistency speaks for itself.....I was actually surprised to see him not upfront in Clearwater.......as good as the Phantom team looked you have to wonder if parity restrictions going into Key West were not in the back of the minds of the Sunprint team.....pure speculation on my behalf but if I were in their position I would have to give it some consideration
Old 09-30-2015, 09:00 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What happened to Envy Sunday? I never heard anything.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:30 AM
Registered

I know they were having issues on Saturday testing with a blower. I think Chris thought I had it right but apparently not
Old 10-01-2015, 08:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullhead
I am going out on a limb here and say that a team other than the SMB Outerlimits will take home the title this year.....I know that Doc and Brian were not too thrilled with having to add weight and lower drive height last year all in the spirit of "parity"....and even with the restrictions and the team prevailing last year, the concept of singling out a team and penalizing them for success is a tough pill to swallow....where does it end? until they lose?

I would be surprised to see SMB team in Key West (at least as an official race entry)

My money is on Sunprint....he owned the class until Doc showed up and his consistency speaks for itself.....I was actually surprised to see him not upfront in Clearwater.......as good as the Phantom team looked you have to wonder if parity restrictions going into Key West were not in the back of the minds of the Sunprint team.....pure speculation on my behalf but if I were in their position I would have to give it some consideration
Spot on....The only thing constant in life is "change"

This season, the same boat won 3 consecutive SBI races, and it does not appear that rule 15.14.13 was ever applied.

Scheduled to travel to LOTO and take the OL-SV29 ( SMB) boat out of storage, next week.
Attached Thumbnails Domination and Attrition at SBI Clearwater National Championships-parity-sbi.png  
Old 10-01-2015, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Saratoga Stamped
Spot on....The only thing constant in life is "change"

This season, the same boat won 3 consecutive SBI races, and it does not appear that rule 15.14.13 was ever applied.

Scheduled to travel to LOTO and take the OL-SV29 ( SMB) boat out of storage, next week.
Doc,
I've always admired both your SV boats (Fountain and OL). You obviously spent a lot of time and money getting your boat dialed in. While I understand that your are in to racing to win races, I believe that your DOMINATION of the class is what let to parity restrictions. Would it have been a better move to pull back and "race" with the rest of the fleet rather than lap half the field? Winning by only 30 seconds is still winning and in my opinion team would not have recieved so much attention from the race officials (complaints from other racers). If your competitors feel that they can no longer compete in their class they will eventually quit showing up which will kill the class. It's unfortunate that you feel disgruntled with the parity penalty but from a spectator stand point it did make it a KW a more exciting race to watch AND you still WON. SV is my favorite class to watch and follow and I hope to see you race in KW again this year.

LF

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.