Notices

Dually no more.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you are doing OK. She must have been moving on to do that much damage to your truck. She is lucky to be alive. Glad you are not injured worse than you are. Get well soon. I hope she does as well.

I have a 2012 3500 Dually Diesel and I would hate to hit it with anything else. The truck weighs over 10K pounds and mine has an extra 50 gallons of fuel in an aux tank in the bed. You had what 2K pounds hitting over 10K. She is very lucky to still be breathing.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Glad you are OK and I hope the lady recovers. The Accent has a ton of airbags and impact protection. A friend has one and I've worked on it. That's what saved her. The driver is surrounded by airbags.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:46 AM
Registered

Glad to hear your ok, OSO wouldn't be the same without you or your avatars
Old 10-04-2015, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Also any of the guys on here who own a GM dealership if you have a contact email for someone high up I'd like to send them an email. I've tried locating online and haven't been successful. You can PM it to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
Old 10-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I am stunned that she survived in a Hyundai Accent.

So now you can get that ford you always wanted��

Actually a Ford would have avoided the accident completely. It would be at the dealership waiting on parts.........
Old 10-04-2015, 12:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Glad you are OK. Thoughts and prayers for the lady that hit you.... Hope for speedy recovery. Enjoy picking out your new truck. GM ROCKS!!!!
Old 10-04-2015, 01:35 PM
Registered

Hey, Charlie here. WOW, glad you made it out OK.

When I lived in Montana for a few years, I had a big cow catcher added to the front of my F350 dually diesel.

The idea was the cow catcher would take the brunt of the hit and you could still have steering to control where you wanted to go or not go.

In the East you can run across a deer or moose crossing the road. Out West, you could run into a HERD of deer or elk or cows crossing the road with no warning. Free range cattle herds often were over the top of a hill just waiting for you.

Here are some shots of my truck and a nice herd I didn't run into one day.
Attached Thumbnails Dually no more.-charlies-ipad-photos-023.jpg   Dually no more.-charlies-ipad-photos-024.jpg   Dually no more.-charlies-ipad-photos-135.jpg  

Dually no more.-charlies-ipad-photos-136.jpg  
Old 10-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike- So glad you are OK and yes the new GM trucks have a super strong and well designed cab. That is what saved you along with the air bags. All that deformation is energy being absorbed by the truck and not you.

Looking at the pic your rt frt pass wheel has been moved back about 2 feet!!!!

I hope you can get a new truck soon.

Wannabe

Last edited by wannabe; 10-04-2015 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Get better man!
Old 10-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HORBA
Hey, Charlie here. WOW, glad you made it out OK.

When I lived in Montana for a few years, I had a big cow catcher added to the front of my F350 dually diesel.

The idea was the cow catcher would take the brunt of the hit and you could still have steering to control where you wanted to go or not go.

In the East you can run across a deer or moose crossing the road. Out West, you could run into a HERD of deer or elk or cows crossing the road with no warning. Free range cattle herds often were over the top of a hill just waiting for you.

Here are some shots of my truck and a nice herd I didn't run into one day.
Cows are stupid ! So are chickens also pigs. I guess that's why they became food.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.