Notices

Bearing Brands

Old 10-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bearing Brands

Guys
Starting to gather up stuff to rebuild the lower drives with. Timken bearings were what were in it. I checked with the local auto parts houses today and none of them had Timken bearings. One of the guys said their brand was just as good. So, do I stay with Timken or use what ever they have at the local auto parts ?? Is there REALLY a difference ??

Thanks
Old 10-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

get the timken bearings,i don,t think you will find them at your local auto parts store.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Timken is good stuff
Old 10-03-2015, 11:46 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by David H
I checked with the local auto parts houses today and none of them had Timken bearings. One of the guys said their brand was just as good. Thanks
Of course he did.

In fact, everything they sell in his store sell is the best to use.

In fact #2 - this kills me as most all do this - he probably still advises to use fuel line antifreeze when your car is hard to start in the winter.

Pssst: Ethanol is a fuel line antifreeze. You get it in your fuel already. Doh !

Last edited by SB; 10-03-2015 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work for a large industrial bearing distributor who reps dozens of bearing manufacturers including Timken. From experience I can tell you Timken is the best there is the best hands down when it comes to tapered roller bearings. Timken uses larger rolling elements, better quality steel, and have top notch quality control when compared to import (auto part store) bearings. They are also manufactured in the USA with steel from their on steel mill in Ohio. Do yourself a favor and find your local Timken distributor and do it right the first time.

http://www.timken.com/en-us/purchase...orlocator.aspx
Old 10-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I work for Timken and can tell you that any Off Brand (especially if cheaper) isn't the same quality. There are Chinese Bearings (Yantai) that are good, Cause Timken owns the Yantai Bearing Plant. Merc uses Timken for a reason. You should Too...