I'm Here Near Annapolis...

Notices

I'm Here Near Annapolis...

Old 09-17-2002, 08:35 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Here Near Annapolis...

I'm staying at the Hampton Inn in Bowie, MD where RT-301 crosses Rt-50 between DC and Annapolis on business for the week. It looks like I'm real close to Kent Island and a few waterside beverage dispensing establishments. Can't go tonight due to an early call tomorrow, but is there anything special (i.e. happy hours etc.) happening over there on a Wednesday or Thursday night?How 'bout Redeye's Dock Bar?
Old 09-17-2002, 09:18 PM
yachtjim

I live on Kent Island. Great place. There are a lot of waterside places including The Jetty (Ghecko Inn), Crab Deck, The Shanty, Red Eyes, and Bay Bridge Beach Club. Thursday nights the Crab Deck has "Thirsty Thursday" which gets a huge crowd and has great happy hour stuff going on. It might have ended at Labor Day though. The Jetty is my favorite place and they have happy hour every night from 4-7. At night it is probably the best of the bunch too. Red Eyes is OK but you might as well go to Ocean City. The only time there are really performance boats there is Sunday, and all you will find there are the sunburned tourists. The Shanty is at the end of the dock at a diner type of place called Anglers. It is literally a shack at the end of a dock but worth having a few beers at.

We will probably crank up the 22' Donzi Blackhawk and head over to the Crab Deck on Thursday then to the Jetty.

Old 09-17-2002, 09:31 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks yachtjim for the gouge! Guess I'll be hitting Red eyes, The Jetty & The Crab Deck over the next two nights. I'm thinking looking at the map that I'm about 40 minutes or so from Kent Island. I'll be looking for the Blackhawk on Thursday...
Old 09-18-2002, 05:55 AM
Miami

I am only familiar with the places yachtjim mentioned on the weekends. The view is wonderful ( i am not talking about scenery ).

During the weekdays, you may be better served trying Annapolis. The town dock area is always great. A lot shorter trip - 15 min from where you are staying.

Try Pussers @ the Marriot Hotel, McGarvey's, Riordans, Griffins, or any of a dozen or so restaraunts and or bars along the city dock area and Main street. You will not be dissapointed.

Old 09-18-2002, 09:39 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

ACME Bar and Grill has good food..oh yea and a bar!!!!