Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Seems like these two boats could merge into one great boat for 100K! >

Seems like these two boats could merge into one great boat for 100K!

Notices

Seems like these two boats could merge into one great boat for 100K!

Old 10-06-2015, 08:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,038 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Is the GTX cut for 6's.............. didn't see it in the ad
Old 10-06-2015, 08:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Great looking hull, a close friend was in it when it had the 1300's in it and it was incredibly fast but needed some tweaks to really dial it in... For me the big items aren't the real issue with it, you get into the "might as wells" like updating the paint, gauges and interior to current colors and better fabrics. Also it seems to me that even thought the boat has changed hands a few times, all the pics are the same ones, not saying it still doesn't look like that but would need to see how it currently is. then with the "might as wells" like paint and interior, the budget could quickly shoot sky high. Still a great looking boat that deserves to be redone.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Yes it is set up for 6's. I don't think OL built many boats with Bravos!. Also what ever happened to frank, the original owner of this boat?
Old 10-06-2015, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Great looking hull, a close friend was in it when it had the 1300's in it and it was incredibly fast but needed some tweaks to really dial it in... For me the big items aren't the real issue with it, you get into the "might as wells" like updating the paint, gauges and interior to current colors and better fabrics. Also it seems to me that even thought the boat has changed hands a few times, all the pics are the same ones, not saying it still doesn't look like that but would need to see how it currently is. then with the "might as wells" like paint and interior, the budget could quickly shoot sky high. Still a great looking boat that deserves to be redone.
This is probably the most accurate post on this thread.....being Rob is almost done with a fresh power/drives redo himself!

These big OL's are like big Apaches.....they need plenty of HP to make them fast and plenty of money to keep them looking good! I always thought this was one of the best looking sit downs ever made and can remember big poker runs having 3-4-5 of them running together. The 51's with the duck tail bustle then became my favorite but these 47's are still legendary!
Old 10-06-2015, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Seems like a good deal for someone that has 6's and driveline sitting in their garage. Just the trailer is worth $12k. One thing it will need for sure is a windshield. Right there you are almost $10k. None the less great deal and badass boat for the right person.

Last edited by SkaterMike82; 10-06-2015 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,038 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by TomFTM
would someone please go and buy that 47 GTX , my brain has been going for the last few days about it...I need that boat like a hole in the head...... I have some dry sump 6's and have a line on some 1075's....
What better to go with the 37 ??.... a 47............ you've got 30K of the hardware, get r dun
Old 10-06-2015, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JJ30
Benjen.. retire the sutphen and buy yourself a project! It's gonna be a long winter. The worst part of the project would be waiting for the exhaust.
Believe me I have thought about it. My son and I have spent hours of back and forth e-mails about this. I am probably one of the best candidates as I have a complete donor boat. With the exception of the exhaust I would need nothing. With that said you know it's still going to nickel and dime you to death. Perfect example is the recently mentioned windshield. This would still be in excess of $100K investment for me. Which of course I don't have. Not to mention the Sutphen would now be worthless They are not a hot seller running never mind stripped.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 4,249 Likes on 1,225 Posts

I looked into the Baja and it seemed to have a checkered past.. but I wouldn`t change a thing. A floating 40` condo with 6' of headroom 900`s, sixes and 100mph+ !? SOLD!
Don`t like that GTX thing at all.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I looked into the Baja and it seemed to have a checkered past.. but I wouldn`t change a thing. A floating 40` condo with 6' of headroom 900`s, sixes and 100mph+ !? SOLD!
Don`t like that GTX thing at all.
wrong Baja......the one I linked was a 1998 36 for 55K. The one you are thinking of is a 40 and it is 100K
Old 10-06-2015, 07:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by SkaterMike82
One thing it will need for sure is a windshield. Right there you are almost $10k. None the less great deal and badass boat for the right person.
Cant they be buffed out like any other acrylic?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.