Notices

Check this out!!!!!!

Old 09-18-2002, 04:00 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 925 Likes on 465 Posts
Angry Check this out!!!!!!

Remember the "cheap fountain on eBay" thread a while back?

This was the boat from it....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1846168241

Well!! Looky what i just ran across on eBay again!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1859732253

Looks to me like someone slapped a new graphics package on it and is still trying to get rid of it!

I actually went and checked out the first one.....the all white model....lets just say something is fishey about it!!! It may have been in an accident on the starboard side cause there was deffinetly some work done there....the whole top and sides of the boat are freshly painted covering all the spiders in the gell......theres overspray on the trailer fenders....And theres glass work done on the inside of the engine compartment....the engines look like stock 330's with some dressup goodies to pass it off as Hi-perf....and yes....as someone mentioned the manifolds do looks like the stock merc dualplane models!!!

Now let me be the first to appologize if i'm making a mistake with the boats here but if you look at the motors they are the same! The graphics in blue are the same.....the dashboard is the same!.....something fishey going on here!!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Last edited by Wally; 09-18-2002 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-18-2002, 04:10 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like the same motors to me. If you look real close to some of the details, you can tell right away. Fuel lines, throttle linkage, valve covers etc...

Original auction indicates that the auction was close early due to a pricing error. Maybe the guy never sold it and someone said to him, paint it, put some new goodies on it and make a few extra bucks.

Would be interesting to e-mail the seller and ask how old the drives are, how long he has owned it etc...
Old 09-18-2002, 04:12 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At first I was going to ask what you were smoking, but once you look at the vinyl and the engines, you can see that it's the same boat! Good eye Wally!
Old 09-18-2002, 05:02 PM
Registered

Yep, same boat for sure. That blue and white interior looks like hell with the yellow and purple. I also notice that he made sure to use a different ebay seller name, and different location, even though that warehouse looks the same. He also didnt duplicate pics from 1 ad to the other. Helm in 1, not the other. Cabin in 1, not the other. Even the angle on the drive photo is way different. Someone's trying to pull a fast one for sure.

Granted you cant see the maybe-damaged parts from the pic, but the white looks nice and clean. A prospective buyer could start fresh if they wanted something more. Now theyre stuck with whats on there.
Old 09-19-2002, 08:18 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 925 Likes on 465 Posts

cashbrain...yea i looked at it up at Volo too....lets just say i wouldnt have trusted that guy with watering my lawn!!! i know him from a few years back when i was into snowmobiling.....and thats all i have to say about that!

When i went and checked the boat out...it was allready after the auction had ended....he told us that the winner of the auction put down like $20K and then his finances fell through and that the deposit was non-refundable so he was "willing" to "sacrafice" the boat for us at $50k

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-19-2002, 08:52 AM
CJC
Registered

Definitely the same boat! How many Fountains do you see with a fish finder mounted on the dash??
Old 09-19-2002, 09:13 AM
Registered

it looked better before the graphics.
Old 09-19-2002, 09:20 AM
OG Outlaw 24

Default HA HA HA

I too looked at the boat when it was on ebay before and had the owner talked down to $45,000! The guy in the new ad just told me he bought the boat at the beginning of the summer for $59,000! He said the only thing he did was paint it and he will not take less than $70,000. I think the boat has been smacked myself because of the over spray etc.... The new owner was trying to convince me it was not the same boat, but by the end of the conversation he knew I had him!