Notices

OCM go Bye Bye

Old 10-13-2015, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

If the boat was sold illegally by someone other than the rightful owner you would think it becomes stolen and insurance would come into play - as in covering a stolen boat. Thoughts?
Old 10-13-2015, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bobkatz
If the boat was sold illegally by someone other than the rightful owner you would think it becomes stolen and insurance would come into play - as in covering a stolen boat. Thoughts?

Depends. The "theft by conversion" scenario may very well be an excluded loss. You'd almost have to see the insurance declarations page to know. Even if it wasn't an expressly excluded loss, the insurer could potentially argue the loss doesn't meet the fortuity requirement- they could potentially argue someone with a vessel in OCM's control knew or should have known there was a greater than usual potential for loss due to the news reports and forum chatter.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Also heard Tims wife filed for devorse
Old 10-13-2015, 07:08 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I was in their shop about a handful of times even talked to Tim and his wife - they had big plans on making a deck boat that was up to two builders in LHC for the build process. OCM would not say who the builder was going to be.

Anyways will add that their service department never had really anything in it nor really seen that much wrenching going on ever plus I questioned do they really have a service department. A boat dealer in todays market can never make it on boats sales alone. I always wonder how they had so much bling and throwing big parties especially for DS and not having that much going on in the marine industry. I wonder were is their money coming from but of course none of my business. Well now for the past year I see where it came from = Other people.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for my 2006 Nordic Flame, last seen with Tim in Havasu. If you have any information on this boat please email me at [email protected] or 206 679 4472

thanks Don
beertruck
Attached Thumbnails OCM go Bye Bye-boat-paint-pictures-222-cropped.jpg   OCM go Bye Bye-650-boat-pics-2006-009-cropped.jpg   OCM go Bye Bye-650-boat-pics-2006-011-cropped.jpg  

OCM go Bye Bye-tres-martin-class-004-cropped.jpg  
Old 10-14-2015, 12:37 AM
Registered

Received 2,965 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by beertruck
I am looking for my 2006 Nordic Flame, last seen with Tim in Havasu. If you have any information on this boat please email me at [email protected] or 206 679 4472

thanks Don
beertruck
Don, you still have the pink to the Nordic? Have you tried running a vin check to see if it's registered? Though, If the buyer had fake paperwork or no paperwork at all I don't see how they could've registered or insured it.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still have the title, and coast guard documentation. How do I do a vin check?
tried boat fax, and it did not give registration or ownership information to see if it was registered

beertruck
Old 10-14-2015, 07:24 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

BT,
That really sucks, good luck with getting your boat back.... I think that boat would be hard to not be seen with that wild paint on her! I would think that if it's on the water somewhere in the USA, that an OSOer would have seen it possibly. I would post this in the "Beware/Stolen section" also.... We had a 35 flame, it was a great boat!
Old 10-14-2015, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
BT,
That really sucks, good luck with getting your boat back.... I think that boat would be hard to not be seen with that wild paint on her! I would think that if it's on the water somewhere in the USA, that an OSOer would have seen it possibly. I would post this in the "Beware/Stolen section" also.... We had a 35 flame, it was a great boat!
To add to this, beertruck, make sure you go post this over at Riverdavesplace.com if you have not already. Might not hurt to post at performanceboats.com either
Old 10-14-2015, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 1,321 Likes on 738 Posts

It amazes me that this guy is not in jail. How the he!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.