Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Still looking: Donzi 26 ZX vs. Formula 271 Fastech vs. Baja 272 >

Still looking: Donzi 26 ZX vs. Formula 271 Fastech vs. Baja 272

Notices

Still looking: Donzi 26 ZX vs. Formula 271 Fastech vs. Baja 272

Old 10-18-2015, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice picture,but it looks like you now have a Formula? What inspired the change of brands?
Old 10-18-2015, 08:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Canuck B Crazy
I like the lines of the Donzi and they build a good boat. This is close to you https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/bod/5254111175.html its CDN dollars so with exchange its below budget. Since its American made no duty at the border. I don't know the seller, as with all craigs ads it could be a scam. Its been for sale awhile now.
Yea, I've seen it, not quite my first choice in colors, but thank you for the suggestion.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a big 26 foot boat that loves to get pushed around by the wind and as a single it was difficult to say the least to dock. The switch was to twins. I would recommend it if you haven't considered it yet as the market is a buyers market. The formula is by far a better built and layed out boat.

I also had the 26zx try to hook on me in turns a few times. Although the formula is a little longer I can throw that into a turn with no issues.

Last edited by COOPS; 10-18-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by COOPS
It's a big 26 foot boat that loves to get pushed around by the wind and as a single it was difficult to say the least to dock. The switch was to twins. I would recommend it if you haven't considered it yet as the market is a buyers market. The formula is by far a better built and layed out boat.

I also had the 26zx try to hook on me in turns a few times. Although the formula is a little longer I can throw that into a turn with no issues.
What model do you own, hard to tell from the picture.

I have owned a tournament ski boat for the last 20 years, so I figured a move to this level of boat the first thing I would miss is handling simply because of the mass. It is rare to find many of these boats in my part of the world, so the learning curve is steep. A buddy of mine has a larger Formula PC and the quality is quite good. I flew out to check our the Donzi, it is nice, but the interior is a bit tight. Finding a nice 27' is going to be a challenge.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dp I hear you on finding an offshore style boat out west , what section or pool do you mostly boat on?
Old 10-18-2015, 11:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by buck35
Dp I hear you on finding an offshore style boat out west , what section or pool do you mostly boat on?
The John Day pool, not to far from you. We vacation at Priest Lake. I have always skied, but my joints are giving out so it is time to find something a little different.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dp9650
What model do you own, hard to tell from the picture.

I have owned a tournament ski boat for the last 20 years, so I figured a move to this level of boat the first thing I would miss is handling simply because of the mass. It is rare to find many of these boats in my part of the world, so the learning curve is steep. A buddy of mine has a larger Formula PC and the quality is quite good. I flew out to check our the Donzi, it is nice, but the interior is a bit tight. Finding a nice 27' is going to be a challenge.
1999 26zx with 502mpi. That was a pic I found online. Mine was the same but no checkers.

The 26zx is actually 26.5 ft. The 28zx is a little longer and would normally come in twins. The same weird use of space in the cabin as the 26.

The formula is a great layout compaired to the Donzi but we do miss the extra width of the Donzi vs. The formula

Last edited by COOPS; 10-19-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a 271 SR1 in January, very happy with my choice.
The quality,look,interior, the performance is excellent.
Top speed with a 496 HO Bravo1 24 pich 60 gps mph, maybe
not the the fastest .... But it's not to bad ;-)
The SR1 does not have stepped hull as the Fastech,
maybe the newer Fastech hull will give a couple of mph more.
If you can live with a top speed of 62 - 63 mph buy a Formula ;-)

Good luck ;-)
Attached Thumbnails Still looking: Donzi 26 ZX vs. Formula 271 Fastech vs. Baja 272-image.jpg   Still looking: Donzi 26 ZX vs. Formula 271 Fastech vs. Baja 272-image.jpeg  
Attached Images  
Old 10-19-2015, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by dp9650
Yea, I've seen it, not quite my first choice in colors, but thank you for the suggestion.
Problem with looking at boats built in the early 2000's, some really ugly color combo's.