Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Opinions of usedboatmagazine.com ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33178-opinions-usedboatmagazine-com.html)

djm 09-17-2002 03:46 PM

Opinions of usedboatmagazine.com ??

They contacted me on the sale of my Baja H2X, said they visit all the east coast boat shows to approach potental buyers and direct them to the website. Buyers also recieve a listing by US mail. All this for $129 :confused:

Cord 09-17-2002 03:53 PM

Can you list the website? Just want to confirm who it is before I say anything...

jbrauer 09-17-2002 03:54 PM

I'd find out how many hits they receive as well as how many boats are currently listed. Of those listed how many are private vs. dealer. Also, are they performance oriented? Finally, try finding them through the various search engines. If you can't find them, neither will a buyer.

So many of these sites fail that it would be easy to watch your $129 go down the drain.

I used www.boattraderonline.com to sell my Donzi. My .02 is they have the best and most used site on the net.

Good Luck!

djm 09-17-2002 05:45 PM

www.usedboatmagazine.com

Their claim to fame is traveling to boat shows to find potential customers. Their website has tons of boats, plenty go-fasts too. I agree that boattrader is the best online source but I'm just wondering if anyone was experienced with their service i.e. been approached by them at a boatshow, received a mailing, etc.

DonMan 09-17-2002 06:31 PM

They contacted me also after seeing my ad in the BoatTrader magazine. I told them no and they continued to call every 4-5 days and pester me. I did sell the boat locally a few weeks later. After I told them it was gone, the phone calls stopped. I have been to several boat shows and never heard of them. My advice is to steer clear and save your $129.
Think about how many cases of beer you can buy for $129!!!!!!

enticer 09-17-2002 06:42 PM

The format is like ABL "American Boat Listing" which is nothing but a rip off.....they do advertise your boat.....but it was the sells pitch and bugging you every 4-5 days .....telling you that they were going to a boat show and had person looking for a boat like the one you have.......what a joke........I have had a boat with then for 2 1/2 years and not one response from their site

Cord 09-17-2002 08:46 PM

It looks alot like the ABL site, but the two don't appear to be linked. ABL is a company that is best avoided. They committed fraud when approaching me about selling my boat and got a sternly written letter from the state for their actions. You need to determine if the two are related before proceeding.

jb 09-17-2002 09:22 PM

Looks more like the FWBOATS.com WEB SITE.
abl IS A JOKE, THEY DECEIVE YOU INTO GETTING AN ADD.
Sure its on a website, and at shows. But they lie and tell you we have buyers for your boat and list it with us, most boats last less than a month!!!
What a joke, there is past history on them on this board.
Get a broker

Gordo 09-18-2002 09:27 AM

RUUUNNNNNN!!!!

If this is in ANY way related to American Boat Listing, RUN! The folks at ABL are nothing short of lying crooks.

djm 09-18-2002 11:50 AM

Well they just called me again and left a message. Said he has interested parties on my boat. How can I make this guy put his money where his mouth is?? If he can set me up with a buyer, I'd gladly pay the $129 as finder fee but I'm sure this "buyer" will somehow disappear when I pay. I still think boattrader.com should get my business.